Train Jaune

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

ryanm63
Rank 2
Rank 2

Train Jaune

Post by ryanm63 »

In France a few weeks back and for the forth time in 3 years, we tried to get on the yellow train at Villefranche (other times they have either been on strike, doing work on the line or changed the times). Anyway, this time is was running... and what a bargain? I was expecting to pay arounf 30 euro's for my return to Bourge Madame, but there is a winter offer on (until sometime in March) where you can go any return distance for 10 euro's! We had a fantastic day, scenary was fantastic and we walked from Bourge Madame into puigcerda (which acording to the sign we walked past, only 10 minutes from Bourge Madame is in Spain) - Had a fantastic meal in the town square... bit of a hill to climb, but my 73 year old father seemed to walk it without getting out of breath... anyway, great day out. I'm told that it is very busy on the train in the summer, so now is probably a good time. The parking at Villefranche station was also free. Malcolm
Regards

Malcolm
cufc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cufc »

You can get a train from Perpignan and any Station enroute to Villefranche to join Train Jaune for all destinations for the same 10 Euros. Does that sound right? Ie 10 euro from Perpignan to e.g. Latour Carol etc.

We went a week ago and there were only about 10 on train so yes, seems like a good time to go.
ryanm63
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ryanm63 »

The leaflet I picked up said from Perpignan. So yes, that's 10 euro for the whole return journey.
Regards

Malcolm
cufc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cufc »

Now why couldn't I have put it as clear as that? Thanks ryanm!! LOL

We certainly had a great trip.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Here's the offer on the Train Jaune. Go for 10€ up till end of March. It's a real bargain. You can also pre-arrange to get a shuttle bus to the open-air sulphur baths and hammam at St Thomas, or get off the train at Mont-Louis for a shuttle bus to the ski slopes

http://www.cdt-66.com/fr/3062/pages/d/m ... ges/page/0