Sky TV ..Missing channels

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Sky TV ..Missing channels

Post by Nigel »

I have a Sky TV setup with the free to view card ( no Sky TV monthly subscription). I have just noticed that BBC1 East Mids has become BBC1 London and Channel 5 is missing. Is this something to do with the card becoming out of date and if so what do I need to do. Thanks
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

I followed these instructions found recently on the forum - and they worked for restoring our Channel 5.

To add Channel 5:

Services> system set up>add Channels >10.773 - H - 22.00 -5/6 - Find Channels > highlight Five yellow button>select.

To view this channel : services > select other Channels
_____
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

On our FTV (Astra) setup,for some obscure reason Chan 5 is marked up on the system as "BBC News 24",though that particular service does appear under "BBC News 24" on another frequency!
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

Thanks for info.....but any ideas why BBC1 has changed from East Midlands to London......seems bizarre to me...any thoughts anyone......tthe same thing had happened on both my Sky boxes
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

No idea.
Perhaps someone decided that Nigel was more of a London name than an East Midlands one.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Nigel wrote:Thanks for info.....but any ideas why BBC1 has changed from East Midlands to London......seems bizarre to me...any thoughts anyone......tthe same thing had happened on both my Sky boxes

The other day my BBC1 East Anglia had changed to BB1 London, but the next day it was back to normal!