Transport of goods to the UK

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

frenchiegas
Rank 1
Rank 1

Transport of goods to the UK

Post by frenchiegas »

Hi.
I recently instructed an English gentleman from Maureillas to transport goods from France to the UK.Having met him face to face he seemed professional,as did his website.Unfortunately the reality was totally different.My goods arrived safely in the UK but i then waited a month,was promised delivery on four occassions ,none of which materialised.I hired another courier to pick then up and requested a part refund.Nothing has been refunded and the gentleman will not respond to phone calls or reply to e mails.
Im just posting this as a warning to anyone who may be considering using his "services"
Happy to provide full details should anybody require them
If that had gone in.............it would have been a goal.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Transport of goods to the UK

Post by opas »

I have sent you a pm
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
frenchiegas
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by frenchiegas »

Despite various e mails to the gentleman concerned,and his promise of a refund,nothing has been repaid.
He has advised me that he is unwell,is retiring,and his business will no longer be operating.
How much of this is true,i have no idea.
Should his business still be operating my advice would be to steer well clear of it.
If that had gone in.............it would have been a goal.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Is he UK registered? Small claims court. Easy,online.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.