Looking for work in Perpignan area

For those who are looking for employment, or have a post available.

Moderator: Moderators

TwoTees66
Rank 0
Rank 0

Looking for work in Perpignan area

Post by TwoTees66 » Tue 04 Dec 2018 13:49

Hello I have been living in Perpignan since July 2018 and am looking for work in this area. In the UK I worked as a hospitality accountant at Headingley Stadium in Leeds but also have a TEFL qualification, had my own dressmaking business for 6 years and love cooking. I am looking for any type of part-time work to complement my husband’s pension. I have registered with Pole-Emploi and local employment agencies but sometimes it’s a case of being in the right place at the right time or knowing someone in the know! Any suggestions to make my search successful?
Thanks in advance.
Teresa

Rombolo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Looking for work in Perpignan area

Post by Rombolo » Fri 01 Mar 2019 07:41

Hi Teresa
Late reply as I have only just come back to the website so I am hoping you have been successful by now in your quest.
My suggestion would be to use that TEFL qualification as there are huge opportunities now on teaching English online to students anywhere in the world. The other possibility is local schools/ language schools would love a native speaker for English conversation sessions.

I wish you well, I hoped to settle down there too and faced the same issues last year. Had to go back to Brexit Britain to rethink my approach.

Best wishes
Richard

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Looking for work in Perpignan area

Post by Kate » Fri 01 Mar 2019 12:26

That's a shame Richard. Hope you find some solutions to get back here - it's rather lovely at the moment (as I know it is in the UK too) and looking out over the sea and mountains, anything seems possible. The very best of luck to you both.