Is Ikea Rivesaltes dead?

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Is Ikea Rivesaltes dead?

Post by Allan »

I have heard nothing for some time about the planned Ikea store at Rivesaltes.

Has the project been scrapped?
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

"They can delay it forever as far as I'm concerned"

Perhaps they took your advice. But in truth I think they just like to hype things up. It'll come: just don't shoot until you see their meatballs.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

martyn94 wrote:"They can delay it forever as far as I'm concerned"

Perhaps they took your advice. But in truth I think they just like to hype things up. It'll come: just don't shoot until you see their meatballs.
I can think of better ways to treat myself than eat meatballs in a furniture shop.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:
martyn94 wrote:"They can delay it forever as far as I'm concerned"

I can think of better ways to treat myself than eat meatballs in a furniture shop.
Better than eating furniture in a meatball store. But why so vehement? Some of their stuff is excellent, some not: you only need to have eyes in your head. Some of their bottled pickled herrings are very good, if you like pickled herrings. Full of omega-3, which apparently makes you live forever.
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

IKEA

Post by Lanark Lass »

Looks like IKEA Rivesaltes will not happen - see todays Independant
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

http://www.lindependant.fr/2017/09/20/l ... 053272.php

Excellent news from my standpoint.

I appreciate some people may like the shop but from a purely selfish point of view, I don’t want them opening near me.

I have the misfortune to have a business near an Ikea store in England and the associated traffic jams are horrendous.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:http://www.lindependant.fr/2017/09/20/l ... 053272.php

Excellent news from my standpoint.

I appreciate some people may like the shop but from a purely selfish point of view, I don’t want them opening near me.

I have the misfortune to have a business near an Ikea store in England and the associated traffic jams are horrendous.
I suppose it depends on the business. I imagine that some businesses in Rivesaltes are regretting the extra traffic it might have generated.