Introductions and questions - with thanks

A place for new members to say a quick hello and introduce themselves.

Moderator: Moderators

mumof6
Rank 0
Rank 0

Introductions and questions - with thanks

Post by mumof6 »

My name is Patricia (from Canada) and I am considering spending a month or two in France this summer (July-August). I will be bringing 4 of my children (14,11,9,7) with me.
I would like to sign them up for football (soccer) or other kids programs where they will interact with other children their ages. The older two speak French relatively well and the little two will begin french immersion next Sept.
Formal language lessons are not what I'm looking for - just playing and learning at the same time. However, if there were a high school student I might hire who would consider "playing" or "babysitting" the children and letting them practice speaking - that would be wonderful.

Any advise you might have would be so greatly appreciated. It's very hard to plan something like this from here with no idea where to start.

Wonderful website by the way - great great work!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hello Patricia.
Welcome to the forum and so glad you like the website.
You don't say what area you will be moving to. My advice would be to contact the local lycee and ask them to pass it on to their 6th form. I'm sure there would be plenty of them who would volunteer, particularly at the idea of making some pocket money to have fun!

Might also be worth repeating this post on our Facebook group PO Life at https://www.facebook.com/groups/7811854 ... ts&fref=ts
Best of luck
mumof6
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mumof6 »

I'm really not sure where would be best but definitely in the P-O region. I would prefer a smaller city/town but I'm open to whatever direction I'm pointed.
Thanks for the advice
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

Hi. If you are here July and August then that would be during French school holidays. I doubt you will find soccer classes butyou could ask at the mairie of the town you decide to stay about Centre de loisirs. UCPA also offer courses and l'Udsist do sailing and horse riding courses ( St Cyprien). Will all depend where you decide to stay as the PO is pretty big .