looking for someone to look after large dog one week in July

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

looking for someone to look after large dog one week in July

Post by dsd »

I have a very nice Tibetan Mastiff. When I have to work long hours, he goes to White Thistle. The kennels are great but he hates it. I left him there for 4 days in February and he hurt himself trying to get out of his enclosure.

I would like to go to England for 5-7 days from 11 July and would prefer him to be in a family environment than kennels. The person would need to be used to big (stubborn!) dogs and have a securely fenced garden.

I could either pay the person or return the favour later, if they also have a dog.

If I can't find anything suitable, I won't go; I'm that soppy!!
MountainGal
Rank 3
Rank 3

Dog

Post by MountainGal »

Hi,

Is your dog good with other dogs & cats? Is he very barky?

Vicky
MountainGal
Jack of all trades
AND master of them ;-)
dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dsd »

I have 2 cats; he sometimes tries to play with them but would never hurt them. He also plays with all dogs we meet out on walks and goes to dog club regularly.
He would bark at night if you left him outside and he heard noises. Tibetan Mastiffs are guard dogs by nature and only bark for a reason.
ruby
Rank 2
Rank 2

kennels

Post by ruby »

I would recommend 'tribu kennels' she is great with big dogs and they have plenty of outside time, there are only 5 kennels so the dogs dont get stressed at all mine love it there and have hated any others in this region
' pension canine la tribu, st feliu d'avall 66170
Ruby

Property Management, Holiday lets & Property Sales in Dept 66
www.lesjoursheureux66.com
dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dsd »

Thank you. I went through all the other threads on the topic yesterday and found your recommendation. I looked at their site and think it could be what we need. I'll be phoning today to go and have a look.
dsd
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dsd »

Thank you Ruby for the recommendation; I had never found these kennels when I searched on the web before.
Karine is lovely. I left my dog there last week for a 24hr trial and it went very well, so he is now booked in for a week in July and I'm off to Cornwall!