Péage Badge

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Péage Badge

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

I am after a Péage badge and have been reading about them on Kate's info about them. Now is there a preference, has anyone got one, have they set it up in France or UK, and how quick do they arrive. I want one before 11th July , is that going to be possible?

Cheers
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Look under travel under following previous posting. Dont know if it will help or not.

Liber-t peage doofer
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Should have said easiest way to find it is go to Search at top of page and type in peage.
Dylan
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

thanks Sue very useful...I even put a post on there myself.. :roll: but I didn't go back far enough when I was looking. So really no preference then, the UK one won't post to a French address, so may have it sent to my daughters then on to us..hopefully here in time for 11th July.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

You are an optimist. We always use the debit card.
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Did you look at that Alis site that Eamon Avis mentioned?
Dylan
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Thanks, sorted ..used Liber-t, they are delivering it tomorrow. :lol: Hopefully.. :?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Gosh thats quick!
Dylan
CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CATALAN66 »

I would like one for France and Spain, has anyone got one?

cheers
Dave
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Despite promises to the contraire, I dont think they're doing that yet. It is available for those with a badge 'Perpignan agglo' ie those who live within a certain distance from Perps, but to the rest of us mere mortals, the French telecommande wont work in Spain. Could be wrong - in fact often am - :oops
but I havent received any info to the contrary.
CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CATALAN66 »

Thanks Kate, i have seen cars and coaches go though with French plates.
but how to get one :)
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Perhaps they have bought one for France and one for Spain. See
www.tolltickets.com
Dylan
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Spanish ones are available to bank account holders of Spanish banks.

Alternatively they are available through tolltickets.com.

https://www.tolltickets.com/shop/pricel ... at&ct=long

There has been endless talk about a unified system but very little action.

The 2€ a month for the French one is only payable in months when you actually use the Autoroutes and you get free tolls on your birthday
CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CATALAN66 »

Thanks guys ,
Must be a professional one they have.

You would think throughout europe, the travellers should be able to buy one.

bit silly
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

They can if you look at above connections!
Dylan
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

My Péage badge arrived today from Liber-t, very quick, sent to a UK address then being sent on to me, taking 2 days, so very quick.
CATALAN66
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CATALAN66 »

yes am trying to get more details.
I need one for France and need one for Spain, but you need to give 2 different number plates, so am hoping i can just change the t box in the car when travelling between countries.

Down side is i need to pay 35 euro for each so 70 euro + an extra 7% on the toll roads , which are already very expensive.

so is it worth the convenience?
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

CATALAN66 wrote:yes am trying to get more details.
I need one for France and need one for Spain, but you need to give 2 different number plates, so am hoping i can just change the t box in the car when travelling between countries.

Down side is i need to pay 35 euro for each so 70 euro + an extra 7% on the toll roads , which are already very expensive.

so is it worth the convenience?
You can order the french pass from a number of places - there is no need to give a number plate. Buying it in France is cheaper as you don't pay an annual charge or the 7% - you just pay €2 Euros a month for those months in which you actually use it.

If you have a french address and you are in the Perpignan agglomeration then get a Zap Perpignan one, that way you get free travel between Perpignan Nord & Sud and allegedly can use it on the motorway down to Barcelona.

I have just bought 2 units for Spain from Tolltickets, I asked the question about the vehicle registration and their reply was:-

For the French (Liber-t) and Spanish (VIA-T) box you must not register all your cars. In these countries only one master license plate must be registered. Afterwards you can switch the device between different vehicles without any action. Therefore you can easily use the device with several cars. Only if you like a separation/grouping of the toll transactions in your invoice to the different vehicles you can switch between the active cars in your mytolltickets section on our web site.
Note: This is only (!!) valid for the French and Spanish devices. The devices for Italy, Portugal or Scandinavia it is absolutely mandatory to register always the active vehicles.