Good People

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Good People

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

from Helen

After a short period of feeling blue, I came across a lovely, kind lady, and she's made me realise that there are some really good people in the world, and these people are the ones who can lift our spirits and inspire us to try a bit harder to make the little world around us a tad happier.
The lady in question is Lisa (under the name Tia in the forum...) and she is devoted to animals. She works her fingers to the bone at the SPA refuge and has personally adopted 7 dogs, all of which I saw today at her house, and all of which are in excellent condition, thanks to her care.

If anyone has old blankets, comfortable cushions, pet toys, etc, please get in touch (with me or withTia) and they'll be gratefully accepted for the refuge.

Who've you met who inspires you to try a little harder? Oh, I don't mean Mother Theresa, but people in your vicinity, your circle of friends or - yes! - even on the forum?
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I agree Helen she is lovely. She fostered a little yorkie that had been thrown onto the streets and ended up at the SPA where he hated all the barking from the other dogs. She mentioned him on the forum and we have since adopted him. He is a joy, a little dog with the largest personality ever. Lisa and all her colleagues whether employees or volunteers do a great job it would be a shame to see the SPA close.
Dylan
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

hi, thank you for your kind words. most people think I'm mad!! If any body has looked at the torreille website and would like any more info about any of the dogs there feel free to contact me. We are trying to place the ones classed as sauvetage , these dogs have been there at least 2 years ( one as a puppy in 2009). There is nothing wrong with them but after being there so long with so little affection they usually go into hiding when people they do not know wander around and consequently do not get adopted. There is also a border collie looking for an experienced home with no children, he has been there 3 years.
Lisa
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Good People

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

from Helen

There must be more Good People around.......

A couple of years ago I was alone for a few days. I came downstairs at about 2 in the morning, slipped (maybe on a cabbage leaf), fell and hurt myself so badly I was literally sick. I phoned a neighbour, said "Please come"...She didn't even ask why (and this at 2 a.m.) but was there in a flash.
A very small incident, but to me this is a G.P. :)
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I will put Sue at the top of the list.

She dragged herself out of her bed around 4 am this morning , drove to Perpignan to meet me and my daughter to be driven to Monpellier .She had volunteered, or was that coerced :wink: into being the model for 3 colours on her hair for my daughters hairdressing exam. If you know Sue , you will not recognise her now as she is sporting a very fashionable hairdo(not that she wasn't before)

Thanks Sue.

Can I also put Johanna from Prades on the list (daughters friend) who was the defrissage yesterday.

PS caould I suggest this thread is moved from money matters!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Awwwwwwwwww, it was a pleasure and I am genuinely so pleased with it. Thank you for the excellent lunch, I am still stuffed.
Dylan
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Bet she looks great. Hope the three colours werent red white and blue though for the Euro cup!!
(Will change the thread to another topic if I can remember how to do it!!)
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

am I allowed to put your photo on Sue?
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

No probs.
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Before Image
After Image
Debeneur.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

The wind had attacked the fringe before the after picture was taken!!
Dylan
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Sue it looks good, well done to Opas's daughter, it makes you look younger, no wonder your happy.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
nk
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nk »

Super!

Carole-Anne needs a makeover.

Not that she is unattractive, but she is hopeless at doing this herself and the years have certainly taken their toll.

Could your daughter weave her magic in Perpignan when we get down later in June?
Blaze8100

Post by Blaze8100 »

She is looking simple but good.
I agreed what's said above!!!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Simple but good :shock:

Jen is now working à domicile, whilst looking for a salon placement.
Debeneur.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I made friends with a Swiss woman on another forum and she has been wonderful. I leave my car at her house when I go to New Zealand for six weeks and she drives me to Geneva airport. In return, I dog sit for them whenever they want to visit their daughters in the UK. (I would have offered to stay in your house, Sue, and take care of your dogs, but I have a guest coming on 4th September).
I did once get a great shock when I posted on an ex pat forum that I had been worried by the sight of a totally naked woman standing in an open wash house and letting cold water run over her head and body - in November. I told the estate agent I had been visiting and she called the local police. I was really afraid for the woman's safety and health. I got some vitriolic posts, saying I was a busy body and should mind my own business. One person even suggested that the woman might just have been taking a shower. Unsurprisingly, that forum has now closed down!
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Carol thats very kind of you.
Dylan