Scaffolding & ladders

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

molliesassy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Scaffolding & ladders

Post by molliesassy »

We are planning to paint our house in May and we really need to hire ( or borrow) some scaffolding and ladders for 3-4 days. Does anyone know where we could source some? Your help is much appreciated :-)
"click, click"
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

ladder & scaffolding

Post by monsans »

Happy to lend you a double ladder i.e. does a 2 storey house Back in Argeles after 27th /04, if you are interested.
molliesassy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by molliesassy »

Thanks so much for the offer Monsans :-) we haven't worked out our dates in May just yet but we may be in touch with you. Any idea where we could hire simple scaffolding? Two walls in our house are about 7m in height and they look a bit tall for a ladder!
"click, click"
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

There used to be a guy who advertised scaffolding, put up or rental in the early PO Life - Heko (think he was in the ZI of Argeles near Carrefour) English speaker - think he was Dutch
06 20 65 83 64 or 04 68 89 30 42

This was three years ago so don't know if he is still trading.

Best of Luck anyway
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

scaffolding

Post by Sue »

Depending on whether or not the ground the ladder will be on is flat hubby suggests a ladder and roller on an extending pole.
Dylan
molliesassy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by molliesassy »

Thanks Kate, I'll try contact him. An English speaker is what I need!!
Sue, we have thought about just using a ladder but it looks scarily high in parts and I'd rather the safety of the scaffold. - not that I'm the one that's going to be climbing it!
"click, click"
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

scaffolding

Post by Sue »

Hubby has recently done a lot worse!
Dylan
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Scaffolding & ladders

Post by Allan »

molliesassy wrote:We are planning to paint our house in May and we really need to hire ( or borrow) some scaffolding and ladders for 3-4 days. Does anyone know where we could source some? Your help is much appreciated :-)
Loxam in Perpignan rent a variety of scaffolding by the day.

Echafaudage in French
Lostweekend
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lostweekend »

Hi molly
did you sort out the scaffolding?
I am looking to buy or hire some for use this summer so if I buy you could hire it in May. If you hire can you recommend ?
Many many
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

For any serious painting job, especially involving ceilings, I would get scaffolding. It's about 4 times faster than messing around with ladders and long poles.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Scaffolding was advertised here a few weeks ago

http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/ftopic9682.php
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Santiago wrote:For any serious painting job, especially involving ceilings, I would get scaffolding. It's about 4 times faster than messing around with ladders and long poles.
Mol did not specify whether this paint job was to indoor or outdoor walls. We used scaffolding when our outside walls were done,but the guy who did it said scaffolding was a bit of a faff for interior work ,and used one of those movable platform thingies. It was almost as cheap to buy one outright than hire it !
molliesassy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by molliesassy »

I have been in contact with Heko Echafaudage in Argeles (as recommended by Kate above) and hopefully we will get sorted :)
It is the exterior of the house that we are painting by the way. Just need good weather in May!
"click, click"