BBC not being received on satellite...

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

taniyadennison
Rank 2
Rank 2

BBC not being received on satellite...

Post by taniyadennison »

Has anyone else lost BBC (all channels except BBC News) on their satellite/Sky Digibox? We have had v high winds, but the dish looks OK & signal strength/quality is the same as ever. :?
Taniya
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

We have had problems with all the ITV channels for several months now, wind or no wind. Funnily enough, this is only in the evening - they are fine for the morning news. Our BBC channels on the other hand, are fine. Maybe we need to swap tellies! :lol:
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

We have noticed in Baho that we often get a picture breakdown (Sky) when there is a high wind . It never seems to happen in Edinburgh - which can produce some pretty winds too.
taniyadennison
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by taniyadennison »

Kate - can't swap tellies as at least I can get Downton Abbey in ITV3!! :)
Taniya
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

BBC not being received

Post by Sue »

We have been getting the same problem Kate. Fine mornings and gone evenings. Ken has tuned in additional channels for other regions and for some reason they are ok.
Dylan
Debbie and Noel

Post by Debbie and Noel »

I knew nothing about this until I moved here last year and set up my own system with a load of used gear. I learned quick!

I am having no probelms whatsoever and get perfect reception all the Freesat channels including HD.

Tanyia, a question. Are you going to try a DIY fix? If you are I can send you a check list. and suggestions on where to buy bits.

Noel
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

No problems on any channel here. Like Colin ,we used to have short breakups on several channels,in inclement weather. But since we've had the Humax receiver/recorder,this has not happened at all.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

have you tried a reboot of your Digibox?(ie. turn off at the mains and turn on again)
losing ITV Channels in the evenings is a symptom of a dish that is slightly out of alignment or the LNB not correctly 'skewed'
a Digibox losing certain channels could also be a sign that it is developing a fault....is it by any chance a Grundig?
Hope this helps...for any further assistance please contact me:
www.british-tv-in-france.co.uk
cheers
The Skyman
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

BBC

Post by Sue »

Montgolfiere did you get my PM sent last week
Dylan
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Colin L wrote:We have noticed in Baho that we often get a picture breakdown (Sky) when there is a high wind . It never seems to happen in Edinburgh - which can produce some pretty winds too.
I used to have the same problem until I noticed that the edges of the dish were vibrating in the strong winds. I drilled some holes in the edge of the dish and fitted steel studding (tige) from these holes back to brackets fixed to the wall. Problem fixed!

You have to remember that the dishes needed here are somewhat bigger than for Edinburgh and thus there is more wind force. Also bigger dishes are more critical of pointing errors. The domestic quality dishes tend to be somewhat flimsy.

Russell.