New veggie resto in Perpignan

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

New veggie resto in Perpignan

Post by Kate »

received by email

There is a new vegetarian restaurant in Perpignan - good, wholesome, organic food. The food is local and regional.
I ate there just 3 weeks after it had opened and was impressed with the quality of food and the presentation.

Bio deux Anges
39 rue des Augustins 66000 Perpignan
04 68 08 78 32
open Tuesday -Saturday 9h-19h en continu
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Worth a visit,even if you're not 100% veggie.
Helen
Dimetrodon
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Dimetrodon »

Dined there today. The owner who speaks some English was so enthusiastic running back to ask us if the soup was to our liking almost before we had a chance to taste it.
Angie and myself are not vegetarians but my sister is. However we all enjoyed the food and atmosphere.
Soup of the day and a hot plate. 10 euros

Worth trying.
Its one thing getting there, its another getting back.
www.powerblogtactics.com
www.andy-beveridge.com
CIT
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CIT »

Good news about Bio deux anges, as a vegetarian spending a few months in the area every year, I've been a bit stuck since Peace & Love and also Aux Reflets du Liban, both closed. Does anyone know of any other veggie friendly places to eat in and around Perpignan?
Anyway I'm back down to Perpignan for a week at the end of March so looking forward to trying out Bio deux anges.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi
Went to Peace and Love a couple of weeks ago and they were still open (tho about to close for two weeks I think)

I believe they have bought a buvette out Prades way which they will run in the summer for walkers etc but will still be open in Perps out of summer season.

The Loft in the Place de la Cathedrale does a veggie option apparently.
Vic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Vic »

CIT wrote:Good news about Bio deux anges, as a vegetarian spending a few months in the area every year, I've been a bit stuck since Peace & Love and also Aux Reflets du Liban, both closed. Does anyone know of any other veggie friendly places to eat in and around Perpignan?
Anyway I'm back down to Perpignan for a week at the end of March so looking forward to trying out Bio deux anges.
If you find yourself in Limoux there is a good vegetarian restaurant there.
My books are written to raise funds for pancreatic cancer research. Details here:

http://vicheaneyauthorofbooks.blogspot. ... books.html
Teejaykay
Rank 1
Rank 1

interested vegan

Post by Teejaykay »

Hi, I'm interested in this and any other places good for veg*ns that people can recommend.

Kate, when you say they were going to open a buvette in Prades, do you know any more about that?

I've been in France before but am coming to the PO for the first time in July -- keen to know both eating places and shopping places for veg*ns.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Not too sure where it is - I was (very rudely) only listening with one ear, but I assume the buvette won't be veggie - buvettes are usually just roadside stands/caffs doing sarnies, chips, drinks etc.

Will let you know if I hear any more - they did say it was at the beginning of a popular walking route, but not so helpful as there are so many beautiful walks around Prades! :oops:
Teejaykay
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Teejaykay »

Thanks, Kate -- in any case, I know Prades has got at least one organic store so there should be some vegan supplies...
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

In fact, this is from Camille and Didier from the Peace and Love, so question answered! :lol:

http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/ftopic11309.php