bring your pets with you this year!

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

bring your pets with you this year!

Post by interiors66 »

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

You just made Frank's day :lol:
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Bring your pets

Post by Sue »

AND Dylan's. The camp site where we have a caravan we rent out has always allowed dogs but site owner moaned as we had carpets and insisted this year these were removed and the mattresses changed because of people with allergies. Does that mean he cleans it extra well after a doggie rental in case the incoming person has animal allergies, does he heck. By the way we have no problem to renting out to anyone with pets providing no damage is caused.
Dylan
homemaker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Holiday Homes and Pets

Post by homemaker »

I have just received a request from a German family to book my house for the first 2 weeks of August. They wish to bring their Labrador. I am partly concerned that a Labrador is unsuitable for my house bearing in mind that it is a terrace, is not large and has only a small rear garden which is not enclosed, but am also a little anxious for the dog's welfare. I know that dogs live in the area all year round but are they able to aclimatise quickly when coming from cooler regions? With my reservations I am going to decline the request but would be interested to hear the views of others particularly those living in the area all year round.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

bring your pets

Post by Sue »

The site let our mobile out in July and August and there are a couple of families who seem to come back every year. One family has a labrador and I think the others have a golden retriever. The mobile is a decent size (not huge but not tiny) and does have aircon, there is a small unfenced patio area. The dogs seem to adapt. It is quite normal for the french in particular to take their dogs on holiday and indeed into most shops (other than food) and indeed restaurants. We brought our10 year old dog out with us when we moved here. He accepts the hot weather although he did have time to climatise as we arrived in December.
Dylan