Can Joan Restaurant

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Can Joan Restaurant

Post by edann42 »

Can anyone confirm that the Can Joaan restaurant on Pic Neolous, is what I would call the 'Log Cabin' retaurant, overlooking Spain???

If not, can you tell me where it is and how to get there? Thanks!
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Don't know of any log cabin one Edwin. there is one in a stone mas on the right as you go uphill,well before the Neoulus. We've been a couple of times,but found it shut,though someone recently told me it was back in business again.

As far as I'm aware the only access is by turning left just before you get to Le Perthus,and heading uphill for many km,but there may be another access route further down the Alberes towards the coast.
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Can Joan Restaurant

Post by Sav »

edann42 wrote:Can anyone confirm that the Can Joaan restaurant on Pic Neolous, is what I would call the 'Log Cabin' retaurant, overlooking Spain???

If not, can you tell me where it is and how to get there? Thanks!
This may be what you are looking for ;)
http://www.lalbere.net/quelsServices/aubergecanJoan.htm

Cheers Sav :)
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Yep,Sav,that's the very one I'm referring to. Looks very nice. Just wish it was open when we go up there!
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Thanks! I'll go and have a look!!
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

edann - I may be wrong , but I think this is the place you are thinking of - but cannot say when they are open....!!!

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/orig ... 956300.jpg

http://lalbere.net/quelsServices/Chalet.htm

about 1 or 1.5 km. down fron the TV transmitter ...... ( not very well covered on google earth / street view , for some reason but it places the sign in the correct place )

Paul.......
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Thanks Paul! I'm going to have a look!!! My sister is over in a week or so and I want to take her to a restaaurant 'up high' somewhere and this may fit the bill!!
Ian
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ian »

After the stroll round the Plan d'eau, we went for luch at Can Joan having seen this thread earlier. This is the place to go if you are hungry!

The 25 euro menu is now 26 euros but hey who is counting. Unless you have starved yourself or been working the fields from dawn to dusk I don't think you can finish this meal. The jugs of vin doux you have for aperitif reappear full and chilled with the dessert. It's a shame someone has to drive!

Apéritif
(Pastis, grenache et muscat, gâteau apéritif)

Plat de crudités

Plat de charcuterie

Plat de viande (Changement tous les jours) ( We had one of each wild boar casserole, and slices of roast veal in gravy containing carrots and wild mushrooms)

Grillade d'agneau avec
salade

Fromages

Flan catalan (avec grenache et muscat)

Café et pousse café

Vin rouge et Rosé

The terrace isn't open yet but they say it will be soon.