need authorized translator - English to French translations

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

bijoux66
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bijoux66 »

Hello All,

Does anyone have recent experience using a translator authorized by the Perpignan Prefecture?

And if so, would you recommend his or her services?

Are the rates generally per page?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Bijoux66
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

I used Helene Fussel Fontanet(who is Agréé près la Cour d'Appel de Montpellier and registered with the British consulate too, I believe) for all of my legal documentation.

12 rue Denis Diderot, Jardins St Jacques, 66000 PERPIGNAN
Tel 04.68.35.06.05

I would say that this was a few years ago so can't remember the rates that she charged but I know they weren't too expensive. I seem to recall that she was fairly quick too.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Try Mick HOWARTH in Perpignan. He's in the directory. (under Robert Howarth, I think) His wife, Carole, runs an English school. Mick used to be an official translator - he might still do it.
Helen
John & Elaine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by John & Elaine »

We've used Mme Fontanet too a couple of times (in fact three because she sat in as an official translator for our first property purchase at the suggestion of the notaire!). Once we made an appoitment and she knocked it off there and then whilst we waited. Not expensive and very anxious to please.
bijoux66
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bijoux66 »

Thank you so much for your informative responses.

Bijoux66