Bump in car..

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Bump in car..

Post by susie »

Yesterday, en route to the airport I had a bang in my car. Car in front of me stopped (rather quickly) at roundabout by Conformama, I stop behind it (yes, you've guessed) car behind me doesn't stop and drives straight into me. Damage to car is usual stuff, broken tail lights, bashed read end, boot won't open etc etc.

Did the normal of exchanging names and addresses, the other dirver didn't have her insurance details etc, took some photos and we drove off.

I've now got the form to fill in with my side of the story and hers, but looks like this should have happened at the scene. Anyone any experience please of 'what happens next...' I'm fully insured - and hopefully she is too. I know in the UK, the other driver would be fully responsible for the 'hit from behind', but does anyone know if same applys here. Thanks for advice.
Susie
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Same applies here but you should always carry an accident form with you and fill it in on the spot and get the third party do do so as well.

If I were you I'd contact your insurer ASAP.

Russell.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

If it's not life threatening, forget bit!!! Look at some of the other French cars down here, they've all got bumps and grazes!! Thats life!!!!!!!
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Bump

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

The recto has to be filled in and signed by both parties on the spot (otherwise the form is not valid). The verso, containing your version of the accident, may be filled in at home. The form must reach the insurance company not later that 5 days after the incident.
R. F.
susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

Many thanks for the replies.

They have been very helpful. I think I need to track down a 'verso'.
Susie
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi Susie
Howya?
In theory, you should be able to pop into any insurance agency and they should be carry the forms and just hand one over - unless they're mean of course! Did hear of one who refused someone a form because they weren't insured with them! Duh! :roll:
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

The English language version can be downloaded here: http://club-cwc-newcomers.web.cern.ch/c ... t_Form.pdf

Russell.