Las Papallonas ,Argeles Port

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Las Papallonas ,Argeles Port

Post by john »

This place,right on the quay at Argeles Port, has just been taken over by Frank,a very talented and friendly French chef who has worked with some of the big names in London and Oxford. As a result he speaks excellent English,as do many of his very helpful staff.

Menus range from 13-25 €,plus carte. We had the 13€ menu du jour which changes every day. Today it featured Moules gratinées or Beef carpaccio to start, monkfish tajine or grilled beef for main,followed by tarte au citron. Excellent value,and quite imaginative.

Tel 04 68 56 85 23
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Las Papallonas ,Argeles Port

Post by polremy »

john wrote:This place,right on the quay at Argeles Port, has just been taken over by Frank,a very talented and friendly French chef who has worked with some of the big names in London and Oxford. As a result he speaks excellent English,as do many of his very helpful staff.

Menus range from 13-25 €,plus carte. We had the 13€ menu du jour which changes every day. Today it featured Moules gratinées or Beef carpaccio to start, monkfish tajine or grilled beef for main,followed by tarte au citron. Excellent value,and quite imaginative.

Tel 04 68 56 85 23
mmmmmm. that sounds lovely.
can't wait to get back.
that really is a good price for a 3 course lunch.
moules and monkfish for me please.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Does sound lovely, another one for my list to try.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

John is that the chef who used to own La Cueva?
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Don't think so. He said he was relatively new to the area.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Before it was François and Sheila at La Cueva. He was from Palau originally. He is working/running a restaurant in Argeles Port though. Not sure the name of that place.

Sheila is still in Laroque.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

May well be the same guy then. Only went to Cueva once,and he certainly was not there on that occasion.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

This restaurant has also said they will offer a complimentary cocktail to all P-O Life/Anglophone-direct readerts so don't forget to ask for it if you go!
Danni O'H
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Danni O'H »

Hello everyone
We tried this on Friday for lunch and it was excellent. Exactly as described by John, and the owner was trained under Gordon Ramsey amongst others. We will go there again when we are over in the summer to see if he also learnt his very good english from Mister Ramsey. :lol:
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Danni in my experience Gordon's vocab is very limited, mainly four letters. :lol:
Glad you enjoyed it, it is on the list.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

La Papallonas

Post by Sue »

Went Friday evening. The service and food were excellent. Definitely one to return to.
Dylan
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

I had the "mixed fish platter for 2" last week, which was also very good. My half, anyway.

What a cheerful chappie the patron is.
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

Went back again last week. Had the "500gm of large prawns and chips for 10 euros" (galic and parsley). Beautiful flavour, huge portions. Embarrassed to say I couldn't eat it all. Highly recommended.
caroline postlethwaite
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by caroline postlethwaite »

Yes I have been back three time & LOVE the garlic prawns, massive portions, friendly service, good views. At night the lighting is a bit harsh but other than that fantastic.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

ahhh don't ....I am getting 2nd home sick...opps now 1st home sick...at Skegness at the moment..Fish & Chips... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.