Fire wood for winter in Cassagnes...

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Fire wood for winter in Cassagnes...

Post by LadyBass »

Sorry to mention winter in August but where can we buy split logs for our wood burner please?

Any advice on best wood to burn that is easy to get in PO and what price can we expect to pay?

AND can anyone reccomend a supplier they use...?

We tried some that my sister gave me from a tree they cut down last year and it was useless. Our 12KWburner was pathetic unless I sat right next to it. Stories of you will be pinned to the back wall sadly didn't materialise ! Could be the massive gaps in the floorboards granted but we are hoping to draft proof and insulate in Sept.

Long boring post sorry ............ yawn

:lol:
It's not a rehearsal....
Lostweekend
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lostweekend »

Hi
We use Andy at Sarl Distribois in Le Boulou ( 0468 876860 ) I dont know if he will deliver to you but worth a call.
Last year he was charging €50.00 for a stere of Chestnut and a bit more for Oak and Beech.
All firewood should, I believe wait at least 2 years since felling and ideally 3 or as you found out it will not give out heat and in some woods give up a lot of soot
It is very strange that in a department seamingly covered in wood the prices paid for firewood are, I am told some of the highest in France.
Keep warm
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

This could probalby be because more people heat here with wood than anywhere else in France.
LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Thanks for reply

Post by LadyBass »

Thanks Lost and Thumbs will give him a call.... hard to imagine being cold at the moment :wink:
It's not a rehearsal....