Builder

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

dorothyr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Builder

Post by dorothyr »

Hello - I am new to the forum. I have searched existing threads and have not seen particular recommendations for Builders. Is this allowed? If so can anyone recommend a someone who can take down a few walls, add a conservatory, alter the layout of a kitchen and lay new floor tiles. And - yes- what seems to really upset people on the forum - we do need them to speak English.

I have seen the list on this website but are these recommendations or just opportunities for advertising.

We have a small property in St Cyprien Plage.

Dorothy : :?: :noel:
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Hi Dorothy
Fist, check the directory part of the Anglophone-Direct. You might find someone there.

If not your fancy in the directory, you might be able to contact Nikko or Urbain. Both are German lads and both run their own business. You can meet both of them in the bar in Laroque. This place is called Casa Mimi. If you don't know where this is located, any of the locals can direct you to the bar. Mimi, from Casa Mimi, is Nikko's wife and she can tell you to contact. Urbain visits this bar most nights too.

Whether they work in St.Cyprien, I don't know. Both do a lot of work in the Alberes region.

Oh, both lads speak English.

Blackduff
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi
Yes, as BD says, it is worth trying our directory of even better our English speaking services in PO Life if you have that, as we check that people advertising in it speak english before we put them in. (Well, we ask - we don't actually test them!!!) The following certainly speak english (in fact most of them are english)

Hussell Building
Ceret - Phone: 0468980324 / 0615423997.
Roofing, Heavy Structural Building Works and Pre-Purchase Property Inspections Undertaken: floors, steels, terraces, facades, stone walls exposed, walls removed. Exp: 20 years England. 15 years France.
Contact us for free estimate or advice.

IGC Renovation
le village, 66300 Camélas - Phone: 06 20 84 00 24/ 06 12 14 33 69
From conception to completion...
For all your renovation and installation works : electrical, plumbing, painting, plasterwork, floor, kitchen, bathroom...

P.O.INTERIORS - email
Phone: 04 68 37 97 83 mobile:06 72 42 07 04. - Fax: 04 68 37 97 83
All carpentry work, kitchens,bathrooms, conversions and total renovation.
Fully insured and registered, 20 years experience.
References provided on request

Ian Rye CONSTRUCTION - email
Phone: 04 68 39 75 45 Mobile 0670437960
30 years of building experience, 10 year guarantee for masonry, reinforced concrete and joinery work. Extensions, improvements and repairs completed on all styles of building construction.
Siret 488 249 459 00014

P H Insulations - email
Throughout the dept 66 - Phone: + 33(0)4 68 22 56 65 Mob: 06 27 85 33 45
“I create your space” Plaster board / dry lining. Lowered ceilings/partitions. Renovation attic conversions. Painting, tiling

Best of luck
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Irrelevant comment deleted!
Last edited by Roger O on Fri 21 Dec 2007 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Steve »

Hi Dorothy,

I have used PH Insulations for some building work at our place & have no complaints with either his prices or the quality of work. I have also used the electrician Robert Morley who advertises on the front page who is also a very good tiler / plumber.

Steve
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Hi Dorothy and welcome.

We used IGC Renovation, Alexi, was excellent, very friendly, good English, kept to our budget and kept to time scale would highly recommend.
Hope this helps.
rebecca14

Post by rebecca14 »

My uncle is a professional architect. Maybe he can help you with your problem. I will discuss that to him and I will get in touch with you what was the result.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

We e used Phil Ward from St Andre....he is the best artisan ( tradesman) I have come across....everything problem has always been solved as a professional and the highest quality of work at all times...no short cuts to make it look ok but all work done to last and work prpoerly...his number is 0468 89 15 60 and 0679 38 90 06....give him a call...he will be happy to provide a quote...
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

rebecca14 wrote:My uncle is a professional architect. Maybe he can help you with your problem. I will discuss that to him and I will get in touch with you what was the result.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

A little late for the OP I think.........3 years later, I should hope they have a lovely finished property!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

rebecca14 appears to be one of these spammy things that Peter was talking about the other week. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Admin »

I've deleted the hyperlink and removed rebecca from the memberlist.

Well spotted, Opas!

(Colin, not Kate, as it seems that if I post from the Admin area I metamorphose into our Dear Leader.}
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Admin wrote: I metamorphose into our Dear Leader.}
You'll look great in a mini skirt with high heel boots and stripy tights, I'm sure Colin! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

I used Urban the German many years ago to put up a ceiling fan. He was having some bother putting it up and some choice German swear words were coming out of his mouth. He was blaming the fan and going on about useless French fans. My brother-in-law looked up at him and calmly said, "It's says made in Germany on this box."
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

You'll look great in a mini skirt with high heel boots and stripy tights, I'm sure Colin!
Probably look a damn sight better than me! :oops:
Hmmmm, well maybe not! I've seen his knobbly knees!! :lol:
My brother-in-law looked up at him and calmly said, "It's says made in Germany on this box."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

thumbelina wrote:
Admin wrote: I metamorphose into our Dear Leader.}
You'll look great in a mini skirt with high heel boots and stripy tights, I'm sure Colin! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surely what Colin does in his spare time in the privacy of his own home is a matter for him,Thumbs!! ??
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Admin wrote:I've deleted the hyperlink and removed rebecca from the memberlist.

Well spotted, Opas!

(Colin, not Kate, as it seems that if I post from the Admin area I metamorphose into our Dear Leader.}
Kate would be impressed...........1m 88(guess.........)and a bushy grey beard, though I am sure she would love your Kilt :lol:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.