Domestic appliance repairs

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Eamon Avis
Rank 3
Rank 3

Domestic appliance repairs

Post by Eamon Avis »

A few months ago the plastic drain pipe on our dishwasher fractured and I had great difficulty finding anyone who did domestic appliance repairs in the Vallespir. In the end I identified the part, ordered it from the manufacturer and fitted it myself.

As a former boy scout I like to be prepared. Can anyone recommend a good dometic appliance repairer who could repair something more difficult say like a failed defrost timer on a fridge etc.?

I have just done a search on the site and can't find anybody advertising to do dometic appliance repairs. There are firms like Expert advertising new products but not repairs.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Expert at Boulou do repairs, Eamon.

They've mended my dishwasher (although I did buy it from them, I don't know if that makes a difference.)

dib dib dib :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Yes, we use Expert at Le Boulou. They do all repairs and Xavier, the owner, speaks English if you need it.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Apparently they(LB Expert) are unusual in that they actually have the repair guy on site. The vast majority of retailers farm the repair side of things out to the trade.
Eamon Avis
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Eamon Avis »

Thanks for that folks If the fridge packs up during the summer when it's 38c I'll know who to phone. :)
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

Eamon Avis wrote:If the fridge packs up during the summer when it's 38c I'll know who to phone. :)
Inside information Eamon :lol:

Cheers Sav :)