Beziers

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Beziers

Post by Lanark Lass »

Has anyone any experiencw of going to Beziers airport by rail from Argeles? I'm looking at Beziers flights to the U.K. as a possible option whilst there are no flights from Perpignan.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Beziers

Post by Sue »

Sorry I have flown from there but have always driven from Argeles.
Dylan
Frogbus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Frogbus »

There are 5 or 6 trains a day from Argelès to Béziers and the cost is 17€ per adult each way. The journey is between 80 and 100 minutes.

It is likely you will have to take a taxi from the station to the airport (15 minutes) which costs around 15-20€ depending on the time of day.

There is a shuttle bus but this leaves from the bus station which is on the other side of the town centre (about a 20min walk) from the train station. It costs 3.10€ per person but only seems to run on Tusdays and Thursdays.

UK flights operate from Béziers on Mondays and Fridays during the winter.

Hope this helps

Frogbus.com
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Beziers

Post by Lanark Lass »

Thanks for that Frogbus. I thought flights to the U.K. were Tuesdays and Saturdays in winter.

It seems getting between St Andre and Northampton during the winter is going to be very arduous whichever way I try. Gerona to Stansted flight makes it too late to travel to Northampton at the U.K. end.

Do you operate any coach service to Beziers?
Frogbus
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Frogbus »

We are actually in the process of applying for a licence for an extension for the Girona to Perpignan line via Narbonne to Béziers Airport.
We already have a Toulouse - Carcassonne Airport - Narbonne - Perpignan - Girona Airport - Barcelona Airport licence in place which we aim to be operating in the coming weeks.

Re services from Girona during the winter, there are 4 flights a week to Birmingham that all arrive around midday and 4 flights a week to East Midlands which get in around 2pm (except on Mondays at 8pm). There are also 4 flights a week from GRO to Luton which if I'm correct in thinking is closer to Northampton than Stansted? These flights all get in at 7pm.

Apologies for the misinformation re Béziers flights. I checked the Béziers Airport website which is still posting last winter's timetable...Having checked the Ryanair site, you are correct re the Tues and Sat flights.

Frogbus.com
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Frogbus is quite right, LL! Why would you use Stansted or Beziers anyway? :shock:

From St Andre, Girona is much closer and easier, and, living in Northampton, I would never, ever go to Stansted!!

From Girona, go to either Luton, Birmingham or East Midlands - you have rail and good road links from all three of these. Stansted to Northampton is just an unnecessary pain in the bum - it's not even on the same train line!!
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Beziers

Post by Lanark Lass »

Hello again Frogbus

I had a look at flights from Gerona to Birmingham and Luton - also your bus timetable.

The Birmingham flight leaves at 11.00 and the Luton at 17.55.

I can't see a Frogbus which ties in with these flights?
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

As the Frogbus site says you need to arrive at Girona 2 hours in advance of your take off time, presumably the Frogbus which arrives at the airport at 15h55 would fit the bill nicely if your Luton flight is at 17h55?
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Frogbus wrote:We already have a Toulouse - Carcassonne Airport - Narbonne - Perpignan - Girona Airport - Barcelona Airport licence in place which we aim to be operating in the coming weeks.Frogbus.com
Can you let me know when there is a definite timetable with prices? Annaïck, my wife who works in Hotel de la Cité would be very interested to obtain brochures when available. Thanks very much!
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Beziers

Post by Lanark Lass »

And for the Birmingham flight?
This is the one which would be a lot easier at the U.K. end as there is a direct rail connection between Birmingham and Northampton so don't need to rely on anyone for a lift this end.

Luton is on a different rail line so we would be reliant on friends to pick us up at the U.K. end
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

When all is said and done it's your problem, not mine! But maybe I won't be so free at trying to be helpful in the future if all help is received as ungraciously!
Last edited by thumbelina on Fri 09 Oct 2009 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Doesn't the Beziers flight go to Luton,Thumbs ?

Horses for courses,I suppose. LTN is a pain in the neck to get to for East Anglians. STN is MUCH easier.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Yes John, it does.

And you're right - for you, Luton would be a NIGHTMARE!! :D But it's true that Stansted to Northampton is crap, too!

Finally, none of it concerns me, because I don't take the air! :D :D
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

thumbelina wrote:Yes John, it does.

And you're right - for you, Luton would be a NIGHTMARE!! :D But it's true that Stansted to Northampton is crap, too!

Finally, none of it concerns me, because I don't take the air! :D :D
and why would you want to?
it is luuuuuuuuuuuurvly here.
beginning to wish we were staying all winter.
this is my home - chavland is just where i go to stay warm.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

You're right of course! :D :D And I wish you were staying too - both you AND Mr Pol!!!

I'm going to England for a few days at the end of the month - haven't been there for over four years!!!

This is home! :D :D :D
Serge

Post by Serge »

thumbelina wrote: I'm going to England for a few days at the end of the month - haven't been there for over four years!!!

Flying to Stanstead?
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

no taking the car
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

thumbelina wrote:You're right of course! :D :D And I wish you were staying too - both you AND Mr Pol!!!

I'm going to England for a few days at the end of the month - haven't been there for over four years!!!

This is home! :D :D :D
oooh. a few days is just about right.
in a scarey airyplane?
you might need a little anaesthetic before takeoff.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

ooops.
just seen serges question and your reply.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

LITTLE ANAESTHETIC??????? YOU KIDDING???????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It'd take a 40 tonne truck rolling over my head to knock me out to get me into a fit state to take to a plane, young lady!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

thumbelina wrote:LITTLE ANAESTHETIC??????? YOU KIDDING???????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It'd take a 40 tonne truck rolling over my head to knock me out to get me into a fit state to take to a plane, young lady!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
WIMP; piece of cake,this flying lark.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Why should she care...she has her own wings!!
ImageImage
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
Lanark Lass
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lanark Lass »

Thumbs -didn't mean to be ungracious. I was just trying to find out about all possibilities so I could work out the best overall journey. Birmingham - Perps was so handy and all other possibilities will be longer. I was just researching peoples experience of using the various alternatives. I have driven from Northampton to P.O. as well but it takes a long time - about 23 hours driving. I hope you enjoy your visit over.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

No worries LL. For me, your best option now would be Girona - Birmingham.

My family and friends all use Girona from either Birmingham, East Midlands, Stansted or Luton - but then, for the most part, they are situated at the other end of the county to you!

Thank you - not sure I'll enjoy myself, not sure I even want to go, but family commitments etc etc! :D

I'm used to the drive - I used to do it four or five times a year when I still lived in England. I actually enjoy driving so I don't find it difficult - just a pleasure.

Probably, John, yes! lol I've always been a nervous flier, even though I've been lucky to visit a lot of places. Unfortunately, the last time I flew into Girona, there was heavy fog and we had two aborted landings and landed on the third attempt. A barely two hour flight took over three and a quarter hours. Any slight confidence I had built up was, at a stroke, completely crushed and has disappeared where, for me now, the thought of getting on a plane makes me feel really ill.

Sadly, Rog, I don't look like that any more (not sure if I ever really did lol lol lol!) :lol: :lol:
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Lanark Lass wrote: I have driven from Northampton to P.O. as well but it takes a long time - about 23 hours driving.
...that seems a long time, which way do you go?
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

via Copenhagen :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Thumbs I don't like flying either, sooner drive anyday....but needs must so I am told, and got to try and get over it.....watch this space........(for a long time)..
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

lol! :lol: You going for treatment? :?

I, too, would much rather drive.

Anyone who doesn't have a problem with flying has absolutely no idea of the trauma that a flight can cause! It is SO easy for them to be blase and trot out the usual platitudes. :( :(

Those of you who know me, know that I am pretty level headed and a reasonably intelligent woman. I know all of the logical stuff of flying but the fact is, I am terrified by it.

As some people are of spiders or rats or whatever.

I have to say, I think my fear is not helped by the fact that I am very claustrophobic too! I don't go in lifts unless there really is no alternative! Always leave doors and windows open, don't like caves. Not a big fan of the metro / underground. Dislike tunnels, too! Can't stand having my arms restricted (even by bedclothes!)

Heyho, fortunately it doesn't have a massive impact on my life. And I assure you, if someone offered me an all expenses paid to somewhere lovely, I would get on the plane !!!! :D
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Thumbers, we have had return flights to perps diverted to both Carcassonne and Girona in the past.
They seem to know what they are doing.

...............I hope.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

lol! :D

Bog off Pol !! :D :D :lol: :wink:

I KNOW all of that!

But even you have to admit, two attempted landings - aborted at the very very last minute - is enough to test the confidence of even the most seasoned flier!!