Second Hand Clothes

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Second Hand Clothes

Post by edann42 »

My wife has been having a clearout of OUR clothes! None ofthe items are particularly old!
She would like them to go to a needy home. Can anyone advise, please??
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Second Hand Clothes

Post by polremy »

edann42 wrote:My wife has been having a clearout of OUR clothes! None ofthe items are particularly old!
She would like them to go to a needy home. Can anyone advise, please??
yes, i really do miss the charity shops which are everywhere in england.
i hate throwing stuff in the bin just because there seems no useful alternative.

our local church collects clothes very occasionally but never when i want to get rid of them.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

They would be happy to have your clothes anytime!
http://www.spf66.org/
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Croix Rouge in Céret (and I assume other places) accept sec hand clothes all year round. They are happy if you just leave them in a bag outside the premises if you don't find anyone there.

You are right. Our old town in Norfolk is FULL of charity shops. They just don't seem to have caught on here.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Emmaus is right on the N9 heading towards Perpignan. They would love the clothes.

If it's a bit too far, in Argeles Village you have a charity shop right next to the Tresor Public office. It used be called as the Secour Catholic but it changed lately but it's still at the same place.

A bit later this year you can bring some of your clothes to the Christmas Fair. There should have a vide grenier installed there and the clothes were stars at the vide grenier last year. This could be a good "help" for the Christmas Fair. The days and places will be posted here soon. Remember there will be homemade food (aka cakes and cookies) and I'm certain there will be at least two wineries. You get to meet a lot of the members at the Anglophone-Direct forum.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by edann42 »

Thank you for the suggestions!