Goats' milk

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Goats' milk

Post by Rose »

Can anyone tell me where to buy goats' milk please?
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Just to know.. fresh from the "nanny" or pasteurised?
In the first case it would be in idea to look at local small producers of goat cheese on their own premises - if anyone knows any??

I'm sure I've seen pasteurised in various bio shops around - both here and in the PO.
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

I'm not sure if fresh from Nanny or pasteurised is needed. I tried to 'phone the local tourist office this morning but there was no answer.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Rose
Drive down towards Argeles on the road from Sorede. Just after you pass the road which heads up to Lavail, you will see a sign with a goat. This is Leo's Goat Place, for lack having a better name.

Leo is on the market at Argeles on Saturdays but you can visit his place which is stated on his sign.

Leo is Dutch and speaks English and perfect French. I buy his cheeses most weeks. Miammm! If you cannot find the place, PM and I'll give you his telephone.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I have tried to give a nice response but I lost the whole text twice. Now, this is the short version.

Leo van der Steen

04 68 81 30 28

He's open most days, except Monday. I do not see milk in his brochure but if he has goat cheese, he must have goat milk. Now you might have to discuss about buying the milk.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

Many thanks Blackduff. Will try him.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

goats milk

Post by Sue »

All the big supermarkets ie Carrefour, Champion do Goats milk on the long life section
Dylan
Daycare1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re:

Post by Daycare1 »

Rose wrote: Tue 15 Sep 2009 11:16 I'm not sure if fresh from Nanny or pasteurised is needed. I tried to 'phone the local tourist office this morning but there was no answer.
Thanks 👍