Church services

Been there? Done that? Where to go in the Pyrénées-Orientales

Moderator: Moderators

gillboldry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Church services

Post by gillboldry »

My 87 year old father-in-law has just arrived from the UK to live with us in St Laurent de la Salanque.
He would like to go to church and is used to Church of England services.
Does anyone have any ideas where he might attend a church with similar service?
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

I'm not terribly well up on this sort of thing,but didn't there used to be aplace in Perpignan called River Church that adverised in Le 66? It did services in English,but whether it was Cof E ,I couldn't say.....
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

It did, John.

I also think there's somewhere out Vernet way, if my memory serves me right. More than that, I can't say, sorry.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Here we go, I answer my own question by reading our own website!!! :?

Anglican Church service - Vernet
Every Sunday at 10.00am at the Chapelle de Notre Dame du Paradis, La Place, Vernet les Bains there is an Anglican Church service in English led by Rev. David Burton Evans.It is followed by coffee at the cafe across the road. Please do come. All are welcome

For more information, contact Lynn or John Shearman on 04-68-05-88-18 or stgeorgesvernet@gmail.com
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Hello, neighbour.
If your father-in-law is used to a pretty high church service (vestments and so on), he might not object too much to the St. Laurent service.
It seems a shame to drag him all the way to Vernet every sunday since he is quite elderly.
It would be a different matter if he were just staying for a couple of weeks on holiday.
P'raps we can get him to meet my almost 85 year old mother who will be visiting us some time during the summer.
Does he like talking?
If so, they will have something in common.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi Gill
Here are a couple of possibilities - if they are not what you are looking for, I would imagine they would be able to point you in the right direction.
Best of Luck

http://www.anglophone-direct.com/Easter ... on-Service?
http://www.anglophone-direct.com/Anglic ... ice-Vernet?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Mine (86) will be over soon too - not into religion I'm afraid but will definitely be looking for some company of his own age for senior fun and frollicks.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Kate wrote:looking for some company of his own age for senior fun and frollicks.
MUCH too much information,Kate.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

john wrote:
Kate wrote:looking for some company of his own age for senior fun and frollicks.
MUCH too much information,Kate.
the mind boggles :shock: :shock: :wink: :lol:

by the way, welcome, Gill ! :D
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

thumbelina wrote:Anglican Church service - Vernet
Every Sunday at 10.00am at the Chapelle de Notre Dame du Paradis, La Place, Vernet les Bains there is an Anglican Church service in English led by Rev. David Burton Evans.It is followed by coffee at the cafe across the road. Please do come. All are welcome
For more information, contact Lynn or John Shearman on 04-68-05-88-18 or stgeorgesvernet@gmail.com
He can't be English? With a name like that I would rather expect him to be reciting Dylan Thomas!!
gillboldry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Thanks a lot. i think he will have a great time!

Post by gillboldry »

Roger O wrote:
thumbelina wrote:Anglican Church service - Vernet
He can't be English? With a name like that I would rather expect him to be reciting Dylan Thomas!!
Puddles
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Puddles »

Sunday services not too far from you.
www.riverchurch.fr
Dave & Amy Roche 0468 64 97 09
Sunday Services.
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

Kate wrote:Mine (86) will be over soon too - not into religion I'm afraid but will definitely be looking for some company of his own age for senior fun and frollicks.
Kate, he's just getting over a serious illness. We don't want him over-exerting himself do we ?!
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Webdoc wrote:
Kate wrote:Mine (86) will be over soon too - not into religion I'm afraid but will definitely be looking for some company of his own age for senior fun and frollicks.
Kate, he's just getting over a serious illness. We don't want him over-exerting himself do we ?!
He can just sit and listen to my mum - that's not too strenuous.
He can even nod off and wake up a bit later - she won't notice and she'll still be talking.
gillboldry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gillboldry »

When the oldies appear, give us a shout and we can drop them off together somewhere for a chat!!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

What an excellent idea. Let's forget about the girl's night out and have an over 80s frolick club instead.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

...now that sounds more like Serge's cup of tea. :wink:
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

he can still come in drag if he likes.
Serge

Post by Serge »

Sorry, don't do drag ....................

Think you 'girls' would probably last longer at an 80's bash :wink:
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

...watch it sunshine....you haven't seen us yet...we are some hot totty... :wink: