Out of my depth!

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

fishmanstan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Out of my depth!

Post by fishmanstan »

I am going to have to deal with some tax issues soon and have been putting this off for ages.
Just wondered if anyone out there knows a friendly taxman - or woman - in the office in Perp.

Someone with a bit of English would be even better but more important is someone who is used to dealing with the dual taxation issue with England and can help with filling in the initial forms.

I know you can download them but, from what I have read, the first time is a bit tricky.

Thanks in advance.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Have an ad in the next P-O Life for these people
Synapse
Dedicated to helping you, in managing & optimizing :
tax declarations / fiscal conventions / remuneration &
social charges / financial investments
Last but not least, we do speak English.
Cédric Markgraf & Armelle Arnaud-Joufray can assist you to :
- Take advantage of the opportunities offered only to expatriates and
Foreign in France either from a tax or savings prospective
-Assistance in the choice of compensation package, legal status and
social security system agreements
- Optimization of portfolio assets and investments in light of
international tax treaties and national regulations.
Treatment & optimization of ISF -French tax on wealth
Please meet us @:
Tel : 06 19 57 52 74
Fax : 01 70 24 83 24
Email : contact@synapse-ip.com
MSN contact@synapse-ip.com
AIM contact synapse
Don't know anything about them apart from that Armelle is lovely and speaks excellent English. They may well give free advice or at least not charge a 'bras and a jambe' - worth giving them a ring as I have come across several people who have been badly burnt filling in their tax forms and been overcharged, after which apparently it's a pig to get it back!

Bonne chance
Puddles
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Puddles »

Sorry Kate , but you know who I recommend & you know that he is not expensive. I am still trying to get him to pay to advertise in PO Life.
Dominique Randon
Expert comptable diplome
11 rue Ettore Bugatti
Espace Polygone
Perpignan
Tel 04 68 63 77 63
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.
fishmanstan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fishmanstan »

Puddles wrote:Sorry Kate , but you know who I recommend & you know that he is not expensive. I am still trying to get him to pay to advertise in PO Life.
Dominique Randon
Expert comptable diplome
11 rue Ettore Bugatti
Espace Polygone
Perpignan
Tel 04 68 63 77 63
Thanks to both of you.
Actually, I was hoping not to pay anyone for advice.
I don't run a business or anything, nor am I rich and my taxes ought to be pretty straightforward.
I just seem to be paying some of them to the wrong country at the moment and I am anxious to put things right.
I just thought someone out there might have had dealings with the tax office in Perps and be able to perhaps tell me who is the best person to try and speak to.
Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Taxation

Post by Karrie »

Hi

I too am looking for someone to sort out similar issue. However, I need someone who is fluent in English, which appears to be the case for Kate's suggestion, but who also lives within reach of Vinca. Puddles does your guy speak really good English? And is it Dominic or Dominique?

Thanks
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Although I cannot give you a name, the people at the tax office in Ceret are wonderful. They give quick answers yet give the time needed to understand your side of a problem.

I do not know if anyone there speaks English but maybe!

If you're lliving in that area, they're the place to start.

Blackduff
Karrie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Taxing!

Post by Karrie »

We have an office at Prades, but I haven't found them overly helpful and unfotunately although I speak some French it isn't good enough for this purpose! All I need to do is get hold of the tax form which I understand is due to be published in April and fill it in! It maybe I just need a translator rather than tax advice and an accountant. Ceret is much further for us than Perpignan. The thought of it is probably worse than the doing! :o
Puddles
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Puddles »

Karrie,
Yes his name is Dominique.
Speaks very good English. The first year I used him all the conversations were in English only. The next year it was all in French , think by that time he thought I should be ready to understand & sorted me a present from the revenue by way of a nice refund!!!!!!!!!!!
In my book a clever guy.
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.