Moving house, redirecting post.

Buying, selling or renting in the area

Moderator: Moderators

joffan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Moving house, redirecting post.

Post by joffan »

We're moving house in a couple of weeks, does anyone know how we go about getting post redirected? Any other useful information about moving house would be great.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Here's an exerpt from P-O Life 20 which might help

Moving made easier
If you move house in France you will need to inform various services of your change of address. Visit www.administration24h24.gouv.fr and you can do this easily online.
From the home page, click on “Mon logement”, then “Changement d'adresse en ligne”.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I have had my mail redirected to England for 6 months - I got a form from the post office and it cost about 50 euros. It is much less for redirection within France.
joffan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by joffan »

Kate Thanks will look through this lot tonight with a glass of wine and OH.

Carol, do you know if you can do the change at your local village post office?
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

Yes, mine was in St. Cyprien Village. I think they all carry the forms. They are called Re-expedition des Lettres, I think.
joffan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by joffan »

Thanks Carol, even better, now I know what to ask for.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

...... and another piece from a future P-O life article which might be useful
The post office will either redirect your post to a temporary or permanent address (réexpédition du courier) or hold on to it at the post office until you are ready to collect it. (garde du courier). You may also arrange for your post to be sent directly to the post office if you do not yet have an official address (poste restante). To do this, letters must have your name, the words Poste Restante and the name and postcode of the commune
Take a look also at www.laposte.fr (which has an english section if your French isnt up to it)