Best route from Barcelona Airport to Boulou by train or bus

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Best route from Barcelona Airport to Boulou by train or bus

Post by Nigel Bright »

Has anyone any ideas how I can get back to Le Boulou from Barcelona Airport (Le Prat) by train or bus after dropping of a hire car. Last year I took the train via Port Bou and it took all day?
I noticed the Frogbus runs from Girona airport to Perpignan via Le Boulou but I don't know if there is a connection from Barcelona.

:?:
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Helen Ferrieux suggests:
Phone PERPI' CAT private, reliable and very reasonably priced bus service. He usually does the Girona-Perpignan-Girona run,(25 euros single, 45 euros return) but can accommodate Barcelona-Boulou-etc. etc. too.
06 87 70 29 32 (he speaks English & 3 other languages) or
04 68 80 69 98 - Madame will answer the phone & probably tell you to call him direct.
Excellent service. PLEASE TELL HIM I passed on his name!
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Why do you not drop the car off in Figueras? This is what our neighbours do as they have a car and only need transport from the airport to their home.
Or you could do the Barcelona drop off first then drop the car at Gerona and take the Frogbus.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Would second what Cathy says Nigel.
I used to get the train quite regularly from Figueres to Barcelona El Prats (what a great name!!!!). If you can get to Figs, take the Catalunya express (only 8 or 9€ to Barcelona) which leaves hourly. I used to get off at Passieg des grazias (sp) just before main station Sants, and there was a link directly to airport which left from same platform two mins after my train arrived so perfect and took me right into airport. Last time I went (at least a year ago as they now do Leeds - Gironà) this link wasnt available but you can get off at Sants and take the airport bus or train from there. There is a thread about this somewhere........
Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thanks

Post by Nigel Bright »

[quote="Robert Ferrieux"]Helen Ferrieux suggests:
Phone PERPI' CAT private, reliable and very reasonably priced bus service. He usually does the Girona-Perpignan-Girona run,(25 euros single, 45 euros return) but can accommodate Barcelona-Boulou-etc. etc. too.
06 87 70 29 32 (he speaks English & 3 other languages) or
04 68 80 69 98 - Madame will answer the phone & probably tell you to call him direct.
Excellent service. PLEASE TELL HIM I passed on his name![/quote]

Helen, thanks for the info. In the end I used some of each of the recommendations i.e. I dropped the care off in Figueres and caught the bus back to Le Boulou, but I will be using Ben? to get back to Barcelona later this month. (€90 for 2 people plus luggage)
Thanks again.
Nigel
Brighty
Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Thanks

Post by Nigel Bright »

[quote="Kathy"]Why do you not drop the car off in Figueras? This is what our neighbours do as they have a car and only need transport from the airport to their home.
Or you could do the Barcelona drop off first then drop the car at Gerona and take the Frogbus.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. In the end I used some of each of the recommendations i.e. I dropped the care off in Figueres and caught the bus back to Le Boulou, but I will be using Ben? to get back to Barcelona later this month. (€90 for 2 people plus luggage)
Thanks again.
Nigel
Brighty
Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Nigel Bright »

[quote="Kate"]Would second what Cathy says Nigel.
I used to get the train quite regularly from Figueres to Barcelona El Prats (what a great name!!!!). If you can get to Figs, take the Catalunya express (only 8 or 9€ to Barcelona) which leaves hourly. I used to get off at Passieg des grazias (sp) just before main station Sants, and there was a link directly to airport which left from same platform two mins after my train arrived so perfect and took me right into airport. Last time I went (at least a year ago as they now do Leeds - Gironà) this link wasnt available but you can get off at Sants and take the airport bus or train from there. There is a thread about this somewhere........[/quote]

Kate, thanks for the info. In the end I used some of each of the recommendations i.e. I dropped the care off in Figueres and caught the bus back to Le Boulou at a cost of €4.5 , but I will be using Ben? to get back to Barcelona later this month. (€90 for 2 people plus luggage)
Thanks again.
Nigel
Brighty