Bulit in integrated fridge-Freezer

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve&Julie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Bulit in integrated fridge-Freezer

Post by Steve&Julie »

We're looking for a used (cheap) one of these in a 70/30 or 60/40 split. I've looked through ebay.fr but they all seem to be free-standing (not built in). Is this one of those things that is not very popular in France?
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

Steve Julie,
Try the TROC's, they have upright Fridge freezers and occasionally ex built in ones.

Unfortunately it is a foot job, calling in and looking.
They are all listed in the telephone directory.

You also have the Cash Converters which is across from the Children's Roundabout in General Leclerc which is opposite the Castillet in Perpignan
Michael
Puddles
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Puddles »

Steve & Julie ,
Not quite sure what it is you are after , but if it's what I think just a warning story.
A french neighbour has a built in job , upright , one door is fridge, the other freezer. Got it from Darty about three / four years ago brand new ofcourse.
It is forever breaking down. I think it has got to the point where neither Darty or her insurance co. will come out /payout for it. All I can say is she has had a nightmare with it , so please beware if someone is selling something , make sure you get some sort of service history or something.
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.
Steve&Julie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Steve&Julie »

Thanks very much for your advice, if anyone does find someone selling one, perhaps you could let us know. We can get one from e.bay here but its quite difficult to transport one upright in a transit!!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi guys
We have one that we will give away in return for a cold beer and a moule frites one warm summer evening!!
It's white, about half and half and both parts works well.You're very welcome to it as long as you come and get it!!
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Puddles wrote:Steve & Julie ,
Not quite sure what it is you are after , but if it's what I think just a warning story.
A french neighbour has a built in job , upright , one door is fridge, the other freezer. Got it from Darty about three / four years ago brand new ofcourse.
It is forever breaking down. I think it has got to the point where neither Darty or her insurance co. will come out /payout for it. All I can say is she has had a nightmare with it , so please beware if someone is selling something , make sure you get some sort of service history or something.
We bought a brand new
Candy fridge here in Tenerife two years ago.
This year it just stopped working - the Saturday before Christmas.
We were advised to buy a new one since (of course) the guarantee had just run out.
Couldn't believe it.
Every other fridge we have had has just gone on and on and on.
Steve&Julie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Steve&Julie »

Kate I have PM'd you.

Polremy & Puddles thanks for that. It must have been very annoying. - I am forewarned but also committed to finding one.
a) It's on Julie's wish (I want and will not be happy till I get) list -in thick black magic marker, and
b) We have just bought a kitchen with the housing unit for one. It's going to spend 85% of it's life switched off but I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not!

Hang on - javascript:emoticon(':shock:')I'll just type that again - We Have Just Bought A Kitchen!!! - since we started this project I never thought I would ever see the day when I could say that javascript:emoticon(':D')

Paddy. Sound just like the sort of place we should, and probably will visit. As I mentioned above, we have a very long list...

Thanks to all
Steve & Julie (proud owners of a new, but as yet unfitted kitchen)