Architect in Prades / Ille-sur-Têt

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

RichardK
Rank 1
Rank 1

Architect in Prades / Ille-sur-Têt

Post by RichardK »

Can anyone recommend an architect in the Prades / Ille-sur-Têt region who they have used. We have a reasonable size conversion to do and both need one, as well as valuing the creative input (I hope) of someone more experienced than us.

So too, if anyone can recommend builders in those areas I'd be interested to hear, although it's the architect we're particularly keen on identifying.

Thanks.
Tiffany
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tiffany »

Hi Richard, we used Archi 2 , 9 rue de Mahou 66500 Prades 04 68 96 47 55 email: mquerol@aol.com

Ours was a renovation project, but they were fine, drawing up a permis de construire and approaching all the relevant authorities for permission - it's a restaurant, so a little more complicated than a private build in that respect, as well as drawing up the plans. They are a very nice firm, too.

Best wishes,
Tiffany
RichardK
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RichardK »

Thanks Tiffany - I shall pop by their office next week I suspect.

Richard
Tiffany
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tiffany »

They are just above the boulangerie opposite the MMA office in the center of town. Bon chance!
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

Robert Loeillet, 171 av Gen de Gaulle, he used to do lots of conversion work, locally and for the Municipality at Prades when I lived in the Conflent
Long established.

His wife is a Podologue at Prades and Vernet, so you can get the conversion done and your feet clipped and polished all within the Family.

:lol: :lol:

Builders like Lorrent at Taurinya, and the other good ones you will have to join the queue.
Normally 1 half to two years.

Bad ones are always free.
Michael
franglaise
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by franglaise »

Hi,

We are close to Elne (not exactly the right area but I feel sure that for the right project our architect would travel) and we used Artetra (details on anglophone website). You can see details of our conversion on their website and on ours (www.chai-catalan.fr).
French born but British expat
Sandy M
Rank 2
Rank 2

Builder in the Prades area

Post by Sandy M »

There's also John White in Taurinya (Tel: 09 61 36 79 31 or 06 28 64 13 87). I posted a glowing reference on the forum recently as he's excellent, trust-worthy, friendly, speaks both English and French... For the life of me I can't remember what thread it was on. He's in great demand so, if you're interested, get in quick.

If we can find the thread, I'll get back to you!
Sandy M
Rank 2
Rank 2

Builder in the Prades area

Post by Sandy M »

Just found my testament for John White. It was in a thread entitled 'Storm Damage...'

http://forum.anglophone-direct.com/view ... 6947#36947

Hope this helps.