Carte Bleue

Banking, insurance, currency exchange, taxation, prices.

Moderator: Moderators

Colin L

Carte Bleue

Post by Colin L »

We took possession of our Carte Bleue today. When arranging it we were surprised to find that although we have a joint account, we could only get one card and that I cannot change the code. With bank accounts and credit card accounts in the UK we each have a card and I anticipate some awkwardness in having only one. You can also change your PIN at an ATM whenever you like which is useful if you want to make it something easier to remember or think that your existing number has been compromised.

Are these limitations common to French banks or is it just mine - Caisse d'Epargne?
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

No, Colin. Ours is the same. We're with BNP Paribas. We actually pay for 2 cards :evil:
Anita & Peter
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Anita & Peter »

We have ajoint account with Credit Agricole Britline and have two Cartes bleu, with separate pin numbers. We haven't tried to change our numbers, so don't know if it's possible
Chantal
Rank 2
Rank 2

carte bleue

Post by Chantal »

surprised! Societe Gen. also gave us one each (different nbrs, but same a/c), and a different pin nbr too.
chantal
A fresh outlook on life! Une nouvelle vision de la vie! - www.ShantalOneSupport.com - +44 7909 330446
Chantal
Rank 2
Rank 2

carte bleue

Post by Chantal »

ooops... yes, we had to pay for two annual fees.
chantal
A fresh outlook on life! Une nouvelle vision de la vie! - www.ShantalOneSupport.com - +44 7909 330446
Tiffany
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tiffany »

If it's a joint account, you should get one each. Ah, you say it's a joint account. Definitely one each. However, you will pay for two. Don't think you can change the PIN, though.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

We were recently promoted in status by Caisse-epargne as they said we had run our account correctly :roll: and were offered all sorts of accessories, one of them being another card on the account.......to be paid for of course, the `seller` seemed a little suprised that I said I did not want another card and will stick to our usual combination of MrO with the card and I will use the cheque book..........If I want some cash I will simply pinch his card :lol: well it is a joint account :wink:
You are correct Colin, no pin change on our acc either.