restaurants, help urgently required

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

mwana
Rank 2
Rank 2

restaurants, help urgently required

Post by mwana »

Hiya,

I know this should probably be in the food section, but I wasn't sure how many people looked at it. Anyway, we are 6 girls out for dinner tonight, we'd like to dress up a bit, and I'm not very good at walking in heels, we were going to go to the Villa Duflot, but they are full, so can anyone recommend somewhere near Perpignan, easy parking near the restaurant, for around 50 euros a head including wine?

Thanks very much

Mwana
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Mas Vermeil is supposed to be very good (though I've never been !)and within that "glamour" price bracket.

It's near Chateau Rousillon/Cabestany.
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

Mas Vermeil is nice, lovely setting ( an old convent) with a beautiful courtyard and gardens.
It has changed hands recently and the grub is not as WOW as it used to be , but nice all the same. The prices have come down as well. The wine list was very limited the last time I was there ( about 4 mths ago) but well priced for the location. It's perfect for a girls night out , although it may be quiet. It's ideal for car to bar shoes too with ample parking!
Have fun!
mwana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mwana »

Yep, been to Mas Vermeil a few times and liked it very much, it is second on my list, will hold off til I ring Villa Duflot back at 2 to see if they've a cancellation and then ring them, definately easy walking from the car!!

thanks very much for the advice, will let you know how I get on!

Mwana
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Have you tried Jacques Premier at the Mas des Arcades?
Menu Découverte 48€
http://www.mas-arcades.com/uk/page_ic.p ... &them=2000
mwana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mwana »

Hi Roger

Been there and I thought it was a bit odd, too many ingredients, this was a couple of years ago though. Still not sure its right for a girlie dinner out, mind you its raining and I may give my heels a miss! Anywhere else?

Mwana
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

I've heard good things about l'Hôtel Le Galion - but it's in Canet. Never been there myself - anyone know more?
mwana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mwana »

Hiya again

Well the Villa Duflot had no cancellations so we're off to Mas Vermeil, thanks everyone for your help at such short notice.

mwana
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Bon Apetit.

Perhaps you can do a little review for the forum,so we all know what to expect.?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi Mwana
we had quite a good girl's night out at the Chat qui Rit last year, and then went a little further up the road to the night club!!

Actually, I've just taken a look and it wasn't quite last year!! :oops:
http://www.anglophone-direct.com/December-2005?
Puddles
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Puddles »

If you are out on the town watch out for this one
Fred Wedlock. The Oldest Swinger In Town
I think it was either his father or grandfather who captained the England football team.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.
mwana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mwana »

Just thought I'd write a quick review although I notice a couple were done not so long ago on Mas Vermeil. So it has changed hands and outside they have some lovely comfy sofas under large open marquees which will be great in summer and handy for the smokers, but the rest is pretty much the same as it was before. We arrived at 8.45 and went straight into the restaurant, there seemed to be a party going on in a private room, but the restaurant was just us 5 and 2 other couples. This didn't matter to us, as it was still a nice atmosphere and there is a gorgeous wood fire to keep the room nice and warm.

So to food, we shared a mixed starter of dorade tartare, some serrano ham, marinade duck tartare and some fois gras with a salad and also lentil soup. It was all delicious and polished off quickly. Then we all had steaks, entrecote with Bernaise sauce and assorted vegetables which came in a cute little jar, (although mine wouldn't open!), perfectly cooked and very tasty. Not being wine buffs we just had a couple of half bottles of white and Rose, and we didn't have dessert or cheese, had a peak at the other tables and it looked lovely. Total was 45 euros each including tip, a couple of coffees, some baileys and a couple of gin and tonics. Staff were very nice and pleasant and we would all definately go back, although not sure they'd have us, we were the last to leave at midnight. Also not easy to find if you've never been before so check on viamichelin or use satnav if you have it!

Mwana