FROGBUS.com

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Admin
Administrator
Administrator

FROGBUS.com

Post by Admin »

FROGBUS.com - the low cost bus transfer between Girona Airport and Perpignan. 6 times daily from as little as €5 each way! Also picks up/drops off at Le Boulou. Book online at www.frogbus.com/fr

If you would like to ask questions directly to FROGBUS.com please visit www.frogbus.com/en/contact-us.html or post below
inbetweenie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by inbetweenie »

Hello
Would I be able to use this bus just to go from Perpignan to Le boulou and back? How much would that be?
Gill
JBell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JBell »

How sure are you that you can guarantee future journeys? I am slightly worried that I may book now and you will not last the pace. Fuel prices must make you business quite difficult. I am not being negative and wish you good luck but it is very cheap and surely can only run with a minimum number necessary
Polly and Steve
Rank 2
Rank 2

Frogbus.com

Post by Polly and Steve »

In reply to Inbetweenie's post, there is a very good Couriers Catalans bus service between Amelie/Ceret/Maureillas and Perpignan which stops in Le Boulou at the far end of the main street near the Post Office. We use it a lot and it's very reliable and cheap! It'll take you to the railway station in Perpignan first and then it goes on to the bus station. Some buses swing off the N9 to put down/pick up at Auchan too.

For a timetable for this service (and all the other local ones) go to www.cg66.fr and then click on the Routes Transports tab at the very top of the page, followed by Transports at the top of the drop down list on the left and finally Voyageurs. Hope this helps.
Chantal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Frogbus - my experience

Post by Chantal »

As I indicated a while ago I would, I am now making my comments about my (and hubby's) first experience with Frogbus from Perpignan railway station to Girona, and back (late October - early November 2008).

Great: the drivers are friendly.

Not so great:
As first-time users to the service, we found that :

a) The phone calls we made (checking we were at the right place, checking possible bus arrival time, checking that all was well when waiting for a bus that arrived on the late), never received any response of any kind, nor were acknowledged (neither then nor since).

Unsettling, when one awaits at a place where there is no timetable, no indication of the stop to wait at, etc..

b) No help was ever attempted by the drivers to deal with luggage in/out of the coach hold.

A word of caution:
For information to those of you who are not familiar with Girona bay numbering for coaches, we found out (almost to our detriment) upon our return in Girona to Perpignan - that Bay (quai) 27 was one of two 'Bay 27'!!
Bay 27 was that mentioned by the driver when first arriving to Girona, for those who intended returning to Perpignan later on.

We had waited by Bay 27, one of the two, which serves buses to Barcelona. Of course, we had anticipated this Barcelona bus to leave and make way for the 'Frogbus'. Little did we know then.... We were seconds away from missing the bus, despite and already long wait in the coaches area.

So, beware!!

Afraid, we did not bother checking why there should be two bays with the same number - time got short...!

Chantal
A fresh outlook on life! Une nouvelle vision de la vie! - www.ShantalOneSupport.com - +44 7909 330446
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Customers will lose confidence if the pick up details and communication by Frogbus is not improved. I hope they read your post.
Serge

Post by Serge »

Nowthen, I dont know where bay 27 is, but I was flying back to the UK from Girona a few weeks ago and I saw the Frogbus (larger vehicle than I had imagined it to be) parked up at what used to be the car rental end of the terminal building.
Chantal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Frogbus.com

Post by Chantal »

The difference one letter makes, when typing whilst tired late at night.
:roll:
I had meant to write (end of my previous message) : 'be aware!' not, 'beware!'

Chantal
A fresh outlook on life! Une nouvelle vision de la vie! - www.ShantalOneSupport.com - +44 7909 330446
Frogbus
Rank 0
Rank 0

from FROGBUS.com

Post by Frogbus »

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback in the posts above, it is very helpful for us to understand issues that customers are having so we can try to address them. Let us try and provide some clarity on the issues raised.

For maps and detailed directions for our bus stops please click here
We are working with the authorities at the 3 locations to erect permanent signage. As planning permission is involved it is a lengthy process but we are hopeful to have clear signage at all bus stops by early 2009.

Our goal is to provide a good customer experience at unbeatable value. Our drivers are under clear direction to be helpful and friendly and to assist passengers with baggage, we have removed drivers from the service where we have found that our customer service standards are not being met and exceeded. The vast majority of the over 10,000 passengers we’ve carried to date have had a positive experience. Please click here for a small cross section from 100’s of customer testimonials we’ve received.

On a daily basis, we receive dozens of enquires/requests daily by email and phone. To maintain fast response times and low cost prices we update our website on a continual basis to provide as much customer information as possible via our website and blog. For a comprehensive list of answers to questions that are frequently asked in relation to the service please click here.

Finally, for anyone who speaks Catalan! TV3 in France and Spain recently ran a news report on the FROGBUS service. The original French interviews can be heard in the background. Click here for the link the TV3 news report.

Thank you for supporting our service. We value customer feedback however as we cannot check this forum on a daily basis please click here to contact us directly to receive a faster response to any queries.

L’équipe FROGBUS.com
Blog : The FROGBLOG

Last edited by Frogbus on Fri 14 Nov 2008 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Rose
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Rose »

Frogbus makes a real difference to me. My husband has used it several times and it saves me 3 hours of driving each time.
dthurle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dthurle »

did everyone know the spanish taxi drivers are very angry with frogbus they are losing business so on the 12 nov they got the police to intervine and gave them a big fine for not having a certain peice of paper set my sons travel back by 3 hours. I didn t think ppl used spainish taxis to france?
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

I didn't think either, that someone would get a taxi from Gerona to France. It must cost a fortune. Once, when I enquired, it was 70 Euros from Perpignan to Le Boulou which is half the distance. Frogbus has allowed the passengers freedom of choice which they didn't have before.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

And from Thuir to Gerona airport with 1 holdall and 3 passengers I was quoted 160 euros last year.
I am hoping to use frogbus nearer Christmas, but need to know that the but will turn up on time........or I will be sweating like a pig.
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

Image ImageImage Image
Michael
TOM AND BARB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Frogbus

Post by TOM AND BARB »

Hi Kate

Do you think it may be a good idea to make a sticky of the reply from FROGBUS or make the links a sticky as I am sure this sort of info will be invaluable to those people who want to get quick access to the info without having to trawl through thread.

Personally I hope FROGBUS is a success and hope to make use of the service later in the year.

Thanks

Tom