Avoid France Europe Immo, Auchan

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Avoid France Europe Immo, Auchan

Post by Kate »

I have now received two seperate emails complaining about the owner (and staff) in the estate agency in the Auchan shopping centre. One complaining that the man was rude and insulting as soon as the potential customer said he would continue looking around and get back to him and the other saying that the man is dishonest and a staunch anglophobe, having insulted the British (and particularly the Irish) and cheated several people where commission is concerned, as well as giving them false information.

Having been in and challenged him politely on some of these points for a lady who speaks no French and has been upset by him, I can confirm that this is a nasty, and dishonest man and although I cannot give details, you would be well advised to pass on to anyone looking for property NOT to have anything to do with this agency.

I would also recommend that when you pass by his agency, you put your fingers to your ears and waggle them whilst poking out your tongue!
Last edited by Kate on Mon 26 May 2008 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Kate, I really do not wish to pick nits here but how can someone who speaks no French know that this company was nasty or rude to her?
Chantal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Chantal »

When words fail, one becomes more aware of body language and tonality. Eye/face expression is also a very good source of understanding.

This is my experience as someone who has lived and worked in several countries, with language difficulties - not talking about current experience whenever my husband's family meet.

Working as a language teacher to foreigners for several years also developed awareness other than language itself.

Kate speaks French and also confirmed the issue with the person.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Yes, it was very much his body language as far as she was concerned and the fact that he wanted nothing to do with her once he had her money, but also when I tried to help out, his attitude to me. A very rude and disagreable man.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

I do know that many of the property search agents who operate round here have tried to work with this guy,and been given the"cold shoulder". It seems that ,as Kate and her friend have found ,he is less than enthusiastic about Anglophones,which all seems rather bizarre to me. As far as I'm concerned,business is business,and if I was him,I'd care not one jot about the nationality of a prospective buyer.

But,as they say in Kate's home county.."there's nowt as queer as folk".
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

I engaged him to sell our place in Le Soler for about 2 weeks!
After sending round totally inappropriate "clients" with staff who had not been briefed by the man (Mr "D") who originally visited our house and had
taken the photos and info, I dropped him. the boss is definitely NOT to be recommmended!! Neither I nor Annaïck liked his personal manner nor his way of "working" - for the quick buck! I only went to them in the first place because I thought loads of people would pass by and be told about our house because of the position in Auchan gallery.

This agency has already been caught out in scams of various kinds and the reputable agents avoid them it like the "pest"!

Try 4% agency! The staff are very competent and easy to work with. They were ready to sell for as little as 2% on our price!!
http://www.4immobilier.tm.fr/
Last edited by Roger O on Mon 26 May 2008 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I was fortunate enought to be able to sell my own house in France with an advert in French Property News, which cost me about £96. I have often wondered why French estate agents need to charge so much more than English agents. My daughter sold her house through a large chain in Kent for a fee of 2%. They prepared a lovely brochure with brilliant photographs. One photo in the Immo magazine showed just the lavatory and many show extremely untidy rooms. Perhaps the French need the equivalent of the house doctor to show them how to prepare their houses to give the best impression.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Yes, why do French agents have to charge such high commissions?
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Santiago wrote:Yes, why do French agents have to charge such high commissions?
Because they can.

The whole French Immo business is crying out for a HUGE bomb up its backside.
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

because they have to divide it with those Property Search Agents.
Michael
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Yes and to add insult to injury, why does the French government take about 5% of the house price on top of that - couched in frais de notaire - but known as the droit d'enregistrement ( i.e. equivalent to the old UK stamp duty!) I sent an email on that issue to Sarko's website contact address.. no reply!!
jsi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jsi »

i wrote
"I have used ------------- he seems to have a good reputation but he did a crown for me and since then I have had a lot problems with it.
I went back but he seemed to think raging pain afterwards was normal !!
Usual French way -I've got your money - so not interested"

kate wrote
"I have edited the name as I'm not sure where we stand legally here, so will err on the side of caution!!"

But we can name immo's can we ?
I sold my house to an english family through him - no problems
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

PaddyFrog wrote:
because they have to divide it with those Property Search Agents.
No, they don't HAVE to Michael. Some choose to.Others choose not to. Free choice.
joffan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by joffan »

I bought a house from them recently and I found them very helpful until after the Compromls was signed - from then on all the help dried up. I am still waiting for photos of the property that they have promised 5 times to email!!!
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Although we didn't sell our house in Le Soler through them - purely because the buyers were so stingey and moeners, I would heartily recommend the agency - who were actually willing to forgo their commission to sell our house (really!).
http://www.4immobilier.tm.fr/agences_im ... index.html
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Roger O wrote:, I would heartily recommend the agency - who were actually willing to forgo their commission to sell our house (really!).
That bit I DO find difficult to believe Rog.!!

But driving here through France last month I was struck by the plethora of new "reduced fee" agencies ,like this one, that seem to be cropping up in the North,both in towns and the smaller villages.

The fact is that ,as in the UK ,there are FAR too many Immo agencies here,and maybe a good round of fee reductions will thin this oversupply out a bit.
carol sheridan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by carol sheridan »

I am trying to help my landlady to sell my flat - I am moving on next month anyway. So far, I have put it on the market with only once agency, but we think it might be better to approach others. She has signed a non-exclusive mandat.
What do you experienced buyers and sellers think is a reasonable number of agents to use?
Any any recommendations for St. Cyprien?
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

john wrote:
Roger O wrote:, I would heartily recommend the agency - who were actually willing to forgo their commission to sell our house (really!).
That bit I DO find difficult to believe Rog.!!
Well, I was surprised too - but 4 1/2% agency do stick to that figure as a minimum commission normally if the house price is under a certain level.. the percentage goes down in proportion to a higher price. If you sell a maison de village at under 100,000 it's 4 1/2 but if you sell a large house for, say 300,000 the %age would be much less - e.g. they may negociate at a fee of 8000 for a quicker sale instead of 13500... etc.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Not sure if I follow this Roger. A reduced fee is not the same as saying "they forgo their commission".
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

john wrote:Not sure if I follow this Roger. A reduced fee is not the same as saying "they forgo their commission".
Yes John, in this particular case they were exceptionally ready to do it to get rid of the clients.. and sell the house, of course.. but the offer was too low and we refused. If you had seen/met those "clients" you would have understood why!!