Chinese food

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Chinese food

Post by Kate »

Originally posted: Tue 03 Jan 2006 09:16

All you Chinese Fans, there is A Brand New Chinese Restaurant opened at Mas Guerido Last Week, Just behind Gifi. The Food is Excellent and consists of a Large Buffet which has all the traditional Cantonese dishes unlike the run of the Mill French Vietnamese. the price is 16€ and for you locals they do a take away.
Michael
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

The direction might be more difficult. Gifi is closed. I'm not sure why. There are a couple other shops closed too. Stargames is closed with it's partner Internet Equipemt.

For others who do not know where Gifi used to live, it's located on the roundabout near the Mustache Bar.

Blackduff
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

Sat here in a cold (2deg) UK the image congered up by the description "the roundabout near the Mustache Bar" is just so French.
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

blackduff wrote:The direction might be more difficult. Gifi is closed.
Blackduff
Blackduff

Gifi has moved down the other end its a lot bigger!! by the Gym!

The Chinese Resto is still there , changed hands about a year ago and is more Vietnamese. No Soup.

But for the Veggi brigade there is a excellent Greengrocers that sells most vegetables including Turnips. next to Liddle.

Michael
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Chinese food

Post by Roger O »

Kate wrote:Originally posted: Tue 03 Jan 2006 09:16

All you Chinese Fans, there is A Brand New Chinese Restaurant opened at Mas Guerido Last Week, Just behind Gifi. The Food is Excellent and consists of a Large Buffet which has all the traditional Cantonese dishes unlike the run of the Mill French Vietnamese. the price is 16€ and for you locals they do a take away.
Michael
Hi Kate,
We've got one like that in La Bouriette, Carcassonne near Leader Price
There is a resto with buffet - and additionally all you can take away in a tray with compartments (usually enough for two) for 12€. Smaller city, lower prices.. We had one on 14th.. took 3 trays (gourmandising) for Annaïck and myself.. Took Annaïck to Blagnac yesterday for a flight to Brest as she visits her family in Concarneau for two weeks... so I'm left holding the rests.. for tonight! Pity Alizée doesn't like Chinese... heh!
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

Yeah, it's called China Chef and has been there for a while. Food is very fresh and good for a chinese, helpings quite big. We use it often as take away and it's very consistent.
Used to be huge crowds there but has quietened down alot , like everywhere I think at the mo. Our local (excellent) pizza guy ( beside carrefour in Mas guerido) Pizza del Patio is shutting down as he's not getting the biz. Noone has any money he says, even for pizza!
I do find it MORT in Perpignan these evenings...a few places are busy but on the whole, tis tumbleweeds blowing through most of the eateries?
What is Sarko up to anyway , wasn't he supposed to change the pouvoir d'achat n all that????
Outie

Post by Outie »

No,he his just getting the right things done.Making a job for life a thing of the past.
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

Hmmm, not much good to the self employed! :?
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

Outie wrote:No,he his just getting the right things done.Making a job for life a thing of the past.
Well he should know neither his numerous marriages or various jobs have lasted long!!!!

Maybe he is a Pioneer on a new way of life

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Fondue Chinoise

Post by Roger O »

Skimming through some old posts, I found this thread.. which reminded me we found our old but still "pristine" Swiss-made Chinese fondue set which I hadn't seen for years!!

Just the weather for a Chinese fondue - will have to buy some ingredients and get out our Betty Bossi recipe books!
http://www.bettybossi.ch/fr/schwerpunkt ... _muku.aspx
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Roger
I've had the Shabu Shabu in Kobe once. This was served with Kobe beef, which seems to be a waste of the beef. In my opinion, this tasted like boilded beef.

Shabu Shabu means "Splash Splash" or something similar in Japonaise.

I wasn't impressed.

My local Viet restaurant in Argeles Plage serves the Chinese fondue but I haven't tried it myself. Looks good though.

Blackduff
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

The Chinese (Parfum de l'asie?) in the Rue de la Republique in Ceret isn't too bad either. They also do takeaways.

Service is slow - the wife cooks and the husband does everything else, but the food has always been quite good when we've eaten there!