Dog Sitting

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

66france
Rank 2
Rank 2

Dog Sitting

Post by 66france »

Hello - We are a retired English couple and have lived in France for over 30 years. The 26 April 2022 we said goodbye to our 13 year old cocker spaniel called Easy.

We’ve had dogs all our lives but we have to say no to a permanent dog in our lives, one year on we still feel lost without one.

We want to offer dog sitting for a day, a weekend, a week at your home or ours. We are available at short notice, for emergencies, a get away weekend, a day out, a holiday. We don’t want paying just need some dog company for pleasure and exercise it’s much nicer to walk with a dog.

Our friends looked after Easy, they enjoyed having her and she enjoyed going to them and it was a welcome break.

From time to time we look after our friends dog River a Catalan sheepdog who has a large garden but makes herself at home in our flat, we take her for walks and she enjoys the different smells she is with us wherever we go and becomes part of our family.

Please get in touch we would love to hear from you and your dog.

Howard and Sandy
66600 Rivesaltes
Blakie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Dog Sitting

Post by Blakie »

Hi Howard & Sandy.
We are a retired couple and will be spending the winter, October 20th 2023 thru April 14th 2024 near Ceret. We will have our 5 year old dog with us, a Pointer/Labrador cross, very calm and well behaved. During our 6 month stay we would like someone to look after Bess from time to time for a few days. Is this something you would be interested in doing.
Kind regards
Andy & Wanda Blake.
66france
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 66france »

Yes please we would like to look after Bess for you. Keep in touch and when your in Ceret give us a call. We are going to do our first Dog Sitting Weekend in a couple of weeks an English bulldog called waffle and are really looking forward to some dog company.
66france
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 66france »

Hello Andy and Wanda I’m sorry it took a long time to reply on the forum. I have posted on Facebook under Dog Sitting so it may be best to contact us using messenger.
Thanks Sandy
Blakie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Blakie »

Hi Howard & Sandy
We don’t do Facebook. If permitted on this site may I suggest we communicate via email?
I’m happy to put my address here.( abo2anb@me.com )
Please get in touch.
Regards
Andy & Wanda Blake
66france
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 66france »

Hello Andy and Wanda

We’re glad you got back to us and look forward to hearing from you and meeting Bess when you arrive in France.

We’ll keep in touch by email.

Sandy
alan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alan »

It's interesting that someone doesn't do Facebook. Perhaps there's hope for the forum yet
Mortimer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mortimer »

Hi, was on the site looking for a gardener but then investigated the dog sitting thread. Are you still interested in doing occasional dog sitting? We have two clumber spaniels who are often with us in Ceret but there are occasions when we're travelling from Ceret when leaving them with someone who will fuss and walk and feed them would help enormously. Let me know. Thank you and now back to looking for a gardener!
66france
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 66france »

Yes we’re loving dog sitting. We are looking after two dogs at their home until the end of August. Then Waffle who is coming for a second visit for a week mid September and Bess is booked end of October for 4 nights. Perhaps we can meet you and the dogs for a chat when it suits.
Apologies for not answering your post sooner.
Sandy and Howard