Confinement - I have Questions!

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Confinement - I have Questions!

Post by GrahamC »

What I can’t see in any of the French press is details on whether or not you can drive long distances (e.g from the PO to the Channel ports) to leave France. Is this permitted? From a strict interpretation of the rules it seems not.

Does anyone who endured the last confinement know of the rules for such cases?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Confinement - I have Questions!

Post by Kate »

Here are all the details of last night's press conference.
https://anglophone-direct.com/additiona ... nfinement/

During the last confinement you could drive back to the UK as long as you had the right attestation (and your ferry/tunnel tickets or some proof of intention). The nearest info we have on this is as follows although it doesn't really answer your question.
Those returning from holidays will need to provide an attestation sur honneur (a written sworn statement) that their travel conforms to this specific exception.

The prime minister specified that travel between primary and secondary residences falls outside of the permitted travel circumstances.

Despite this restriction, national borders remain open within the European Union but are closed to the rest of the world. Arrivals from outside of the EU will need to undergo a test 72h before arrival and if this has not been possible, will undergo a test on arrival.
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Confinement - I have Questions!

Post by GrahamC »

Thank you Kate!