Thank You

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Thank You

Post by Merisin »

Hi Guys. It's a bit of a long shot but I hope worth a try. The other day we had a spot of bother with the trailer in Bricodepot's car park at Claira. A couple passing by heard us talking and came to the rescue. They were called, we think, Joe and Allison and lived somewhere near Tuchan. Never really had a chance to say " Thank You" 'cos they suddenly had to leave when they got an urgent call on their mobile. Something about their dog.

We hope that either they read this or someone who knows them can pass it on. They got us out of a jam and we're very grateful.

It's ages since I wrote anything on here. It's a bit sad really. Once upon a time this forum buzzed. But not any more. I guess it just went out of fashion.

Enjoy 2019!

Moira and Patrick
Last edited by Merisin on Wed 09 Jan 2019 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Thank You

Post by martyn94 »

Merisin wrote:
It's ages since I wrote anything on here. It's a bit sad really. Once upon a time this forum buzzed. But not any more. I guess it just went out of fashion.

Enjoy 2019! If you're a British citizen you could be in for quite a ride.

Moira and Patrick
“Quite a ride” might be entertaining for a while, if pretty disastrous however it turned out. But we’ve taken since mid-2016 to go slowly backwards: it’s not obvious why things are now going to change very radically.

I think that both sides of the debate in the U.K. have become deluded by the idea that the other 27 member states still care very much whether we stay or go or live or die. I suspect that many of them would be quite content to be shot of us, even if it’s not yet diplomatic to say so.
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

Very grateful for giving us the opportunity to try and contact some people we'd met by chance. Unfortunately it didn't work but it was worth a try.

Merisin
marina
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by marina »

Well done and thanks for posting........great story!
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

I'm sorry it's a bit late but just to say that I appreciate Marina's comment. We all enjoy a pat on the back!

Don't know about anybody else but we have loads of little tales of everyday life here in France. Since December we've had the saga of the hole in the road, why we did not eat our Christmas dinner on December 25th, the New Year's day picnic and the perils of going ski-ing. And more besides. But I'm really not sure about sharing these stories on social media.

Merisin
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Merisin wrote: Wed 30 Jan 2019 11:49 I'm sorry it's a bit late but just to say that I appreciate Marina's comment. We all enjoy a pat on the back!

Don't know about anybody else but we have loads of little tales of everyday life here in France. Since December we've had the saga of the hole in the road, why we did not eat our Christmas dinner on December 25th, the New Year's day picnic and the perils of going ski-ing. And more besides. But I'm really not sure about sharing these stories on social media.

Merisin
I don’t see on earth why you shouldn’t share stuff like this: it beats dodgy second-hand furniture. But spare me the story about missing Xmas dinner: it was because your gas bottle ran out (and you had neglected to refill the spare one). I think there’s a bylaw which makes it compulsory.
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

This is a sort of postscript which Marina might like.

We never did manage to make contact with Joe and Allison But I was standing in the queue at the pharmacy the other day and I heard the couple behind me speaking English. Looked around out of curiosity and saw a couple of faces I’d seen last year on the beach. We chatted a bit and it turns out that they live here full time. Like us. So we met up for a cup of tea and a natter. During which they asked if I was “Merisin”. I was a bit surprised and asked if they were on this forum. They said no but admitted to looking in occasionally. So, in a roundabout sort of way, we have met some new people by sharing our story on here!

Moira
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I hope they didn't recognise you from your photo (avatar)!!!!!!!!
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

Kate wrote: Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:50 I hope they didn't recognise you from your photo (avatar)!!!!!!!!
Probably not. But I discovered recently that I do have Caribbean ancestry. My cousin got involved in tracing our family tree and found out that our great grandfather was a quadroon. So there must be a bit of African in me!

By the way. Ages ago somebody suggested I change my avatar. But me and Golly go back a long way. When I was six I was seriously ill and nearly died. My Golliwog doll never left my side and I kept it afterwards a good luck token.

I'm Scottish myself and proud of it. Hence the kilt. One final thing. My uncle worked for Robertson's.

Moira