Optician

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Brian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Optician

Post by Brian »

Anybody any experience of opticians/costs? Luckily we live near Spanish border (La Jonquera Grand Commercial), and having got idea of costs from French optician in Le boulou, L'Optica in GC are much cheaper - are there any 'downsides' to using them (they appear to grasp French and even better a bit of English!). Advice welcomed!!
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

I can really recommend L'Opitica at La Jonquera.

Great service advice and prices.

Clara helped me...she speaks English

They will also give you an eye test by the optician ....an appt was not necessary
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

forgot to say....once I had chosen frames lenses etc and I had the estimate she told me to come back about 2 weeks later as there was a one day special when I could get an extra 10% discount
Brian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Optician

Post by Brian »

Thanks very much for that very useful advice - will have no hesitation in going there.
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

I am sure you will be happy

Let me know how you get on
Helen_VDB
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Helen_VDB »

Are the doctors and other medical services in Spain THAT cheaper? I see everyone recommending Spanish dentists, opticians etc. I remember reading an article a couple days ago about people buying houses in France (and in other European countries) for health reasons, but Spain wasn't in the list. I just can't find the article, but I'll post it here if I find it.

Edit, found it : https://tranio.com/articles/places-to-b ... nt-abroad/
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

As part of Macron’s election promise, dentists, opticians and hearing aids are expected to be a lot cheaper, maybe even free, over the next couple of years here in France.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Perpipal
Rank 1
Rank 1

Bins

Post by Perpipal »

Very useful information about Spain - seriously Kate do you believe Macron? He spends far to much time and tax payers money on his make-up! As for his performance with Trump ... ooh la la .. he played a cute elf reminiscent of a school play - Unions... strikes ... Brexit ... reasons to be cheerful part 3!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

seriously Kate do you believe Macron?
I do actually. He’s sticking to his guns on quite a few issues that could bring him trouble in the future and not backing down court popularity. I like that.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Kate wrote:
seriously Kate do you believe Macron?
I do actually. He’s sticking to his guns on quite a few issues that could bring him trouble in the future and not backing down court popularity. I like that.
I think I agree. But the idea that his reforms seem brave only underlines how low the bar has come to be set.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

A propos of nothing very much, there’s an article in Le Monde today about the scourge of superfluous regulations. Among many many pages of house rules at the Louvre, there’s apparently one which forbids you to visit in a bathing costume. It leaves me strangely tempted to slip into the Gents and come out in my Speedos (or “budgie-smugglersâ€￾, as Australians say).
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Haha. Chiche! :lol: