Tiger Mosquitoes - Moustique Tigre Natural Repellent Product

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Natural Organic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Tiger Mosquitoes - Moustique Tigre Natural Repellent Product

Post by Natural Organic » Wed 16 May 2018 12:49

With the warnings being issued by all the Prefectures for prevention/protection from Tiger Mosquitoes throughout the region here is a great repellent product that is natural and effective as well as being organic.

Scientifically tested in USA, Australia and the EU
6 Hours 100% protection from mosquitoes as well. NO DEET

https://www.earthsense.eu/earth-sense-pro-tect

Hope it is of interest.

gleber
Rank 1
Rank 1

Mossies

Post by gleber » Mon 04 Jun 2018 21:39

Been in St Cyprien for 5 days and have been bitten several times, are the mossies worse this year? Been coming since 2003 and have suffered only the occasional bite but at the moment I am covered in them. Is there any remedy better than others? Have read about the tiger mossies but not sure if they are the culprets. Need to get to a pharmacy for a cure.

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Mossies

Post by martyn94 » Tue 05 Jun 2018 17:13

gleber wrote:Been in St Cyprien for 5 days and have been bitten several times, are the mossies worse this year? Been coming since 2003 and have suffered only the occasional bite but at the moment I am covered in them. Is there any remedy better than others? Have read about the tiger mossies but not sure if they are the culprets. Need to get to a pharmacy for a cure.
DEET remains the gold standard as a repellent, despite what “Natural Organicâ€￾ says. You can get it everywhere on the web, or more expensively in a a pharmacy, but even then very much cheaper than NO’s gear. It can give some people side-effects if you use grossly too much for too long. But the effects seem to be completely reversible when you stop, unless you are mad enough to drink it.

For the rest, go round your property eliminating anywhere with standing water which they can breed in (even a bit in a saucer under a flower-pot).

Pharmacists don’t generally have “curesâ€￾: if they did would have to be proper doctors. They can give you palliatives (which can be all you need) or else placebo, which can also be fine, if you don’t look at the label.

rhys
Rank 4
Rank 4

? 'deet' in French ?

Post by rhys » Tue 12 Jun 2018 10:58

Is 'deet' the same word in French ?

What would be good products with Deet in them ? recommendations please ?

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: ? 'deet' in French ?

Post by martyn94 » Tue 12 Jun 2018 16:01

rhys wrote:Is 'deet' the same word in French ?

What would be good products with Deet in them ? recommendations please ?
DEET is a contraction of the chemical name of the active ingredient, which shouldn’t vary much between languages. As such, it seems to appear on the packaging everywhere in the world that I’ve tried to buy it. Your pharmacist here should recognise it. The only material difference between brands is the percentage of DEET in the end product, except that some (more expensive) ones claim to offer slow release. I have no experience to say whether that’s a benefit: I don’t seem to be particularly tasty to mozzies (or anyone else) so generally only apply it once, at dusk.

I tend to buy mine from

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk

under the brand name “Jungle Formulaâ€￾, usually when I need some new razor blades.

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 » Tue 12 Jun 2018 16:24

I should perhaps have added that if your problem is tiger mosquitoes, you probably need repellent in the daytime too. Can you recall when you got bitten?

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 » Wed 13 Jun 2018 12:38

By way of afterthought, I said, some way above, that you can get DEET repellents conveniently, and usually much more cheaply than in the “high streetâ€￾, on the internet. And I am always careful to give a search term you could use, in this case DEET.. I tried it just now: I got 3000 results. Put DEET into amazon.fr.

mammadee
Rank 2
Rank 2

Tiger mozzies

Post by mammadee » Tue 19 Jun 2018 19:35

I have used Autan insect repellent for many years and have always found it effective. Saw some in Intermarche at St Andre last time I was in PO