Kitchen shops

Have you used a local company or service in the P-O? Put your recommendations here/Share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

ssyson
Rank 2
Rank 2

Kitchen shops

Post by ssyson »

Hi
Why am I not able to write a review for a kitchen shop? I can only guess they would not be happy with what I have to say.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

?????
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Kate wrote:?????
This seemed mad enough to justify 30 seconds research. It seems that a firm called Cuisines de la Grone have advertised on your website. ssyson has evidently had service from them which they find unsatisfactory: they then find that they cannot post critical comment about the firm on your website. Paranoia seems to have set in at that point: they are not allowed to review because the firm wouldn't like it. The simpler, but less satisfying, answer is that no website I have ever come across allows you to "review" their advertisers, either positively or negatively. But if ssyson has a consumer dispute to pursue, people here could help if they were asked to.
ssyson
Rank 2
Rank 2

review

Post by ssyson »

Hi
Maybe I am wrong but we have recently had work done by another advertiser Eammon and we were very happy and were able to post a review. Can you explain? Are there different types of advert on the site?
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: review

Post by martyn94 »

ssyson wrote:Hi
Maybe I am wrong but we have recently had work done by another advertiser Eammon and we were very happy and were able to post a review. Can you explain? Are there different types of advert on the site?
I apologise if I was entirely wrong, but I looked at a few ads and found no facility by which you could post a review whether positive or negative. Just for my own curiosity, could you give me a link to the review you did manage to post?

I have to say, though, that I wouldn't be outraged if the site managers were selective in any comments they put on the main site: it's not provided by the Sécu.
ssyson
Rank 2
Rank 2

link

Post by ssyson »

Hi
I simply looked at the classified section chose builders. Up popped a list, once I selected one there was a button to write a review.
When I selected kitchens cuisine de la grone appears. It says there are no reviews but there is no opportunity to add one.
The link where I was able to add a review was
http://anglophone-direct.com/listing/ea ... enovation/
ssyson
Rank 2
Rank 2

additional info

Post by ssyson »

I did post in Property and accommodation section in July 2016, lots of work on our side but nothing much has changed.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I can only say in my own defence that I now get the website optimized for iPad (which I guess in practice means optimized for a mobile phone). I am sure that it is well-meant, but in practice it is a pain.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi ssyson
There should be the facility to make a comment on the site....I haven't deliberately prevented it. I will check it out, but I run all these different areas on my own, wear too many different hats, and am a bear of very little brain, which means I make lots of mistakes!

On the ads front, I do try to be as objective as possible, but it's true that without the paid advertising I would be paying for site and mag out of my own pocket, so I suppose I do, subconsciously, try and protect advertisers. Sorry about that, but printers, designers and people who know what they're doing don't come cheap!! :oops:

We have just had a kitchen installed by the afore mentioned kitchen place (in fact we have just pulled off the plastic over the doors...yay) and are very happy with it. Do hope your problem was resolved.
ssyson
Rank 2
Rank 2

No Luck Yet

Post by ssyson »

Unfortunately still no result. Still unable to get our worktops as kitchen has not been placed correctly and efforts with advocats have still not resolved the problem. The gendarmerie are now involved and are investigating the theft so if the shop don't sort things out before the end of the month it looks like we really will have a fight on our hands.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Aie! Bon courage.
ssyson
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ssyson »

Well still trying to get our kitchen sorted. Thanks to Eammon and Dave the kitchen has been moved and the worktops are in place. Still no news on the cupboard doors and kitchen units taken. Avocats got involved and protocols were exchanged but the first one didn't have in it what was agreed, the deadline then elapsed. New protocol arrived with revised deadline but still incomplete content. We've given up. they cant even correctly write down what was agreed verbally, but maybe thats a way of not having to do what they agreed. Will keep you informed.
GrahamC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GrahamC »

At least you didn't make the mistake of going with Hygena, Narbonne.

Possibly the worst company we've ever dealt with. No quality control and pathetic customer service.
ssyson
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ssyson »

On request, we finally received an answer form the "Cour d'Appel de Montpellier, Tribunal de Grande Instance", stating, that apparently here in France, violence de domicile and theft of fully paid and delivered merchandise does not constitute any violation of existing lax ("motif: absence d'infraction"). We are very disappointed of this state of affairs and can only strongly recommend, to refrain from buying any goods and services in France other than consumables.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Don't let one bad experience spoil the whole lot. There are some excellent artisans in France and in our region. We love our kitchen from the same company. Sometimes we can be unlucky with a firm or specific rep or tradesperson. As you say, Eamon is fab, and there are many French companies who are also excellent.