Pay for parking in StCyp

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

BT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pay for parking in StCyp

Post by BT »

Hi, I read a post about this on Facebook a few weeks ago, can't find it now. I don't remember who posted it.

The post noted that residents would be able to purchase a monthly ticket for €10. Has anyone done this yet? If yes does the ticket show the Reg No or is it tied to the address of the property?

Our issue is that whilst we own a property we don't own a car. We rent cars at the airport, as there are 5 owners we could rent 8 times during the 3 months the charge applies.

Any advise should be appreciated.

Regards

BT
Andy1

charges

Post by Andy1 »

hello where are they charging for parking in st cyprian, didnt see anything 3 weeks ago, mind you I wasnt looking for it
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I was told this weekend that the council will be having a meeting this week to rethink charges. I don't know about the weekly rate as they didn't mention it, but the capitainerie told me that at the moment the agreed charge will be 30 euros per day! A meeting has been called by the council and several others who were given no say in the price, which will hopefully be modified. Local businesses and residents weren't informed either. It is likely to spread to the other resorts so even if you don't often go to St Cyp, the situation is worth keeping an eye on.

As far as I know, the ticket machines aren't in use yet. More info should be available once the tariffs have been finalized.
BT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pay for parking in St Cyp

Post by BT »

Hi, Got a number of messages last week from my sister.

1. The parking meters everywhere even in the Commercial Center, but no prices yet.

2. So first 20 mins free, also free from 12:00 to 14:00 and from 7PM

3. Starts 15th June (knew that already)

4. Banuyls the same, free from 12/2 to facilitate restaurants

5. No word about the residents badge (ticket) yet

Regards

BT
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

What's the betting that the outraged locals vandalise the meters in protest, just as they did with the speed cameras? A coin covered in superglue would do it easily and the culprits would be unlikely to get caught. Watch this space.
BT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Update: Pay for parking in St Cyprien

Post by BT »

Hi,

This following has been taken from a message received from a resident in St Cyp.

1. Per the Mairie in order to get the pass you will need to have proof of residence and also provide the Reg No of the vehicle which is registered in St Cyp.

2. It was pointed out that owners who rent a vehicle at the airport would not be able to apply for the 3 month pass, the lady in the Mairie sympathises however those are the rules.

3. Prices have not yet been published however the information pack is being sent out in the next couple of weeks.

If anyone has more up to date information please post it.

Regards

BT
BT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pay for parking in St Cyp

Post by BT »

Hi,

Latest update. The good news is that despite the markings & the installation of the ticket machine it has been decided that there will not be "Pay of Parking" in the Centre Commercial in St Cyp. All but 1 of the shop keepers were against it.

Still no word of the cost of parking in other areas. If anyone knows please post.

Regards

BT
gleber
Rank 2
Rank 2

car park charges

Post by gleber »

Heard today that the 'payant' on spaces has been blacked out and the sign removed at the centre commercial Cappelans although the pay machines are still there. Round 1 to the shopkeepers.
Anthea & Tim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anthea & Tim »

Details of the all charges and and a map of the zones (including the form to apply for a residents form - but only if the car is registered in 66) are at: http://www.saint-cyprien.com/pgs/news2.php?id=152
Last edited by Anthea & Tim on Sun 25 Jun 2017 06:38, edited 2 times in total.
dorothyr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Parking meters in St Cyp

Post by dorothyr »

Any News yet? We came back to England on 11th June and it looked as though the parking meters were set to be used. We have owned a house in St Cyprien for 15 years but drive our English car when we go to France. We have the Taxe Foncier, the Taxe D'Habitation and the facture EDF de moins de 3 mois but our car is registered in the UK. Any advice please. (Although really hoping this is all a "French moment" and like many events advertised, just does not go ahead).
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

This in today's Independent
http://www.lindependant.fr/2017/06/23/f ... [Zone_info]

To be fair, as they say, Saint Cyp is the last coastal resort to become 'payant' And there are still plenty of places that are free if you know where they are. :lol:
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

Just read that there was a meeting on Friday and that resodence secondaire owners now get a prefential rate of 20 euros a month to beable to park. Residents pay 10 euros a month. People who work in St Cyprien( and are not resident or an owner) on the other hand pay full whack or have to find a free space somewhere .
Anthea & Tim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anthea & Tim »

tia wrote:Just read that there was a meeting on Friday and that resodence secondaire owners now get a prefential rate of 20 euros a month to beable to park. Residents pay 10 euros a month. People who work in St Cyprien( and are not resident or an owner) on the other hand pay full whack or have to find a free space somewhere .
Please can you tell me where you found the details of the preferential rate for residence secondaire owners. I can find nothing about that; only residents and professionals being able to claim the discounted monthly rate of €10 on production of suitable identity and carte grise http://www.saint-cyprien.com/glass_admi ... 12%20p.pdf
Last edited by Anthea & Tim on Mon 26 Jun 2017 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

Hi. It is on St Cyprien plage Facebook page. There is a meeting on the 30th June and this what is proposed. Owners of residence secondaire will get a preferential rate of 20 euros. A lot are complaining because residents only pay 10 euros so they are asking people to.go and give their point of view.
Anthea & Tim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anthea & Tim »

Thank you Tia
BT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pay for parkingg in St Cyp

Post by BT »

Good news, I understand that the parking charge at Temple Beach has been reduced from to-day.
BT
Rank 4
Rank 4

Parking charge St Cyp

Post by BT »

Free parking has returned, at least for the rest of 2017
kenny
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kenny »

Is parking generally free at this time of year in previously paid for areas. I have Leucate and Collioure in mind