car sticker

Something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? Voilà!
spj
Rank 1
Rank 1

car sticker

Post by spj »

Hi, someone today stuck a sticker on my car saying
"NOT A F---ING TOURIST"
actually I'm not a tourist I live here, work here and pay my taxes, if anybody knows who did this or in fact the person who did, would like to PM me or pop along we could discuss the matter further, luckily my trade is stickers etc and so I know how to remove the sticker without damaging the paintwork. If anyone else has a similar story quite happy to remove the sticker for them, please don't just pull it off as you will damage the paintwork.
Steve
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Someone stuck a sticker on my car today saying "This is a scam, but don't worry, SPJ can sort it out for you". God knows how that happened.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Wondered why people were wandering around with stickers in English like that. Would have been more believable if it had been in Catalan!! :lol: :roll:
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

Come on , let's be honest , if this was a scam by the OP how much business do you think he could hope to generate from this?
My guess is the only reason he posted on here is because it was written in English .
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Horrible thing to do, particularly if it's someone who knows him.
spj
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by spj »

Exactly - we are not all as cynical as you Martyn.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

interiors66 wrote:Come on , let's be honest , if this was a scam by the OP how much business do you think he could hope to generate from this?
I was a bit mystified by that myself. But how much of a living could you hope to make out of "stickers etc" if you didn't try to drum up some interest? On reflection, though, I will go for the non-cynical interpretation. In my defence, I am surprised that anyone can make a living out of anything in Le Boulou, though it's obviously not entirely their fault.
spj
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by spj »

I never said that I made a living out of stickers etc, as far as making a living in Le Boulou, I don't, however I have pleanty of friends who live and have businesses in Boulou who are very happy and successfull.
Have you ever been to Le Boulou Martyn ?
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

spj wrote: Have you ever been to Le Boulou Martyn ?
Yes, occasionally. It was pretty much dead. I tried to hitch-hike there once, ca 1969, which has probably poisoned my attitude.

Incidentally, you said that "my trade" is "stickers etc". If you don't make a living out of it, you have all my sympathy.

Just to broaden the discussion, has anyone else here suffered from this kind of guerllla sticker-sticking? I have suffered a lot of petty and not-so-petty crime over the last few months, but never that.
mel
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mel »

This is all a bit pathetic don't you think ? how can you waste so much time on this ?
SPJ had a sticker stuck on his car which he found offensive, and could lift off the paintwork, he offered to take off any stickers in the same vein, he didn't ask for payment.
Martyn stop being so mean and nasty, you are a real keyboard gangster !
Sus
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sus »

mel wrote:This is all a bit pathetic don't you think ? how can you waste so much time on this ?
SPJ had a sticker stuck on his car which he found offensive, and could lift off the paintwork, he offered to take off any stickers in the same vein, he didn't ask for payment.
Martyn stop being so mean and nasty, you are a real keyboard gangster !
Martyn's style might not be to your taste but at least he contributes. You have been a member for 5 years and it looks like you contributed 2 posts, this being one of them!
catllar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by catllar »

I'm growing to like our Martyn - he's a bit of an anarchist - which appeals to me. Sorry Martyn, talking about you as if you aren't there!
Life is not a rehearsal
rainbow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Car sticker

Post by rainbow »

Am with you Mel 94 sometimes is over the top
Best Wishes
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Car sticker

Post by martyn94 »

rainbow wrote:Am with you Mel 94 sometimes is over the top
I guess I am, a few times in every thousand posts (as Sus was kind enough to point out).
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

I don't always understand your humour, Martyn, but I do see how helpful you are to me and others. You and the nerds are brilliant.

Pearson