Oil spill

A place for new members to say a quick hello and introduce themselves.

Moderator: Moderators

Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Oil spill

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

We would be grateful I anyone could help us with some information. Last week we had a flood of oil in our cellar as it was being delivered. It sprayed walls ceilings beams etc totally soaking the whole place. As you can imagine the damage is considerable and the smell is dreadful. We have been told that we need an expert to come and look at the amount of damage. So in short we need an expert who knows what he is doing.We have no idea of what kind of company would cover this. We would appreciate any help at all.Thanks.
Mountain Mama
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Your insurance should be able to help you on that Jen, and at the very least, recommend an 'expert'. Bon courage.
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Oil Spill

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Hi Kate.
We have phoned our insurance and because it was caused by someone else they are not really interested, hence the request. Once I get a letter from the Oil delivery company accepting responsibility they will try and help but before that we need someone to look at the damage and assess exactly what needs to be done.
Tks Kate
xx
Mountain Mama
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Oil Spill

Post by Allan »

Jenny Rhodes wrote:Hi Kate.
We have phoned our insurance and because it was caused by someone else they are not really interested, hence the request. Once I get a letter from the Oil delivery company accepting responsibility they will try and help but before that we need someone to look at the damage and assess exactly what needs to be done.
Tks Kate
xx
Insurance companies use experts to determine the value of a claim, try
POLYEXPERT / PERPIGNAN - Parc d'Activités Sud Roussillon, Résidence Les Carangues, 18, rue de Cerdagne 66280 SALEILLES

They are the people that came when I had water damage and I believe that they act as general experts for insurance companies on a wide variety of claims.

Your insurance company sounds useless, I would have expected them to handle the claim on your behalf and then recover the cost from the Oil delivery company, or their insurers
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

I found their website http://www.polyexpert.fr/accueil
Jenny Rhodes
Rank 4
Rank 4

Oil Spill

Post by Jenny Rhodes »

Hi Alan
many thanks for that contact. I will call them tomorrow.
I was also surprised that our company Axa was not prepared to do more but hopefully they will get involved later.

Thanks again

Jenny
Mountain Mama