Watching UK TV

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Mikey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Watching UK TV

Post by Mikey »

Hi all

I hope this is OK to post as we wanted to let everyone know of our experiences with UK TV, we lost our satellite signal so before changing it my husband saw an advert on this page for IPTV. We ordered a Moochie box as it had a trial period so we thought we would give it a go.

We have been so impressed with the service that we get, we did have some questions when we first tried it but they really helped and very quickly.

we get all our TV now and we watched the Rugby and the motor racing on Sunday all in super quality. There is a lot of other films as well.

We would recommend that you give this a try as it has worked really well for us and we wanted to let people know our experiences.

Jan & Mike
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

First ever post and it is blatantly commercial.

I think most of us here would have seen the weekend sport without any need for additional expensive boxes ;-)
Mikey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mikey »

Sorry but we are new and do not normally say anything on forums etc. We just thought that we could let others know of our experiences with different technology than we where ever used to especially as we found the company on here.

Clearly not, thank you for the not so warm welcome, we thought we had left people like this behind in the UK - we were wrong.

Can you only post if something is not good?? does your rules apply for restaurants and things to do that we find as well? would not want to keep upsetting people - thought we where helping others.

Jan
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

Don't worry jan we are not all that grumpy, I appreciated your original post .
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Pearsonb wrote:First ever post and it is blatantly commercial.

I think most of us here would have seen the weekend sport without any need for additional expensive boxes ;-)
Yes, I'm thinking this is a shill post too, based on Moochie Media's previous forays onto the forum. The angry reply sounds just like the owner's ones.

The advertised claims of this system are a bit dubious because it relies on numerous other services, paid and barely-legal, to provide the content it promises.

Not grumpy, just warning people not to jump in to this rather expensive solution.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Oh dear. We're off again!

Do we really need all this? It is hardly designed to encourage anybody to participate in the forum as a whole. The reality is that, like most social media, this forum is now primarily a market-place. Things are bought and sold, entrepreneurs make their presence known, questions are asked and (sometimes) answered in public.

I would guess there are rather more readers than active participants. I'm not sure that views expressed on it represent the view of the silent majority. Those who live here, understand the system, speak a few words of French and just get on with their lives.

Gus
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

I don't think this forum is "primarily a market place". And I hope it stays that way.
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

Wow the colours of some never change

Firstly thanks Jan for the kind words and i will say sorry for the small minded response of some people.

Like anything online please take it with a pinch of salt, there are not many people like this over here but like anywhere there are always that few!, most of us do try to help each other when we can.

Don't allow the few to spoil everything that makes this a great place to live.
The Best UK TV in France- No Dish - No PC - NO VPN - 100% legal Just �145
Visit www.moochie.media or find us in the Anglophone Directory.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Pearsonb wrote:I don't think this forum is "primarily a market place". And I hope it stays that way.

Take a look at the "Most recent" threads on the home page. There are five as I type this. House for sale, money exchange and wanted item. The latter with a response from an entrepreneur who posts on here almost every day. Some days every heading is for a market place item.

I rest my case

Gus
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Sorry Gus I really don't understand your comments surely the point of the Forum is to be informative whether it be a service, restaurant, or something a person has to sell or wants etc. This is the whole point of any forum.
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Gus, if your Auto entrepreneur dig was aimed at me..carry on! I have broad shoulders.
I didn't realise you had imposed a once weekly post rule, or self employed not allowed.

For your info I am selling my own stuff, looking for household furnishings for my daughter and Definatly not touting for business....my posts looking for c/o people are genuine offers to help anyone who happens to either phone or email me with enquiries if I can do their changeovers, no charge from me. And I am a one man( woman actually) band and have no need of 'free' publicity on here...70 hours a week in August shit shifting is more than enough for me.

Sorry Kate, had to be said!
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I've just received this in my inbox. Might possibly be an interesting thing for us if we can get round the geographical barriers with a smartDNS or VPN.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/freeview-p ... e=20151014

See, I am helpful :)
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Santiago wrote:I've just received this in my inbox. Might possibly be an interesting thing for us if we can get round the geographical barriers with a smartDNS or VPN.
It looks as if you will need both a broadband internet connection and an aerial signal for that to work. The aerial signal will be the problem.

Russell.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Sue wrote:Sorry Gus I really don't understand your comments surely the point of the Forum is to be informative whether it be a service, restaurant, or something a person has to sell or wants etc. This is the whole point of any forum.
No problem with that. But it would be nice if, once in a while, we were able to have a debate on a serious subject. For example. Just south of us is a province of Spain which is teetering on the brink of UDI. Which could have an enormous impact here. But it's the elephant in the room. Never mentioned. Why? Because forums and similar groups find that it is best to stick to lowest common denominator safe stuff. Like what is the best place to eat in X.

In other words an ideal forum would not just exchange information but also explore ideas. But in the real world rarely a realistic options.

Nuff said.

Gus
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Feel free to start a thread and open up the debate.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Boomshanka
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boomshanka »

Santiago - its called Freeplay - we already have all of that.
The Best UK TV in France- No Dish - No PC - NO VPN - 100% legal Just �145
Visit www.moochie.media or find us in the Anglophone Directory.