Attack of the Mosquitos?

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

TheSoftwareArchitect
Rank 0
Rank 0

Attack of the Mosquitos?

Post by TheSoftwareArchitect »

We have been coming to the area for 15 years, and this year for the first time we have suffered insect bites, presumably mosquitos but during the day rather than at night, in all probability whilst innocently sitting on our terrace.

I wondered if we are alone in this, or there are others of you similarly affected this year. We just went to stock up on antihistamine and cortisone cream!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Could be the tiger mozzie who is active during the day too.
http://www.anglophone-direct.com/Tiger- ... ng-for-the?
I have actually had my first bite during the night and am sitting here scratching away in front of my computer - otherwise haven't seen many so far this year.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

There have been a lot flying ants around this year too which bite in the day time.
Dylan
hamyat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Attack of Mosquitoes

Post by hamyat »

Just like you we have been coming to the region for years and have never been bitten as often as we have this year. After scratching endlessly, I resorted to searching in the bathroom cabinet and unearthed a packet of Piriteeze with an expiry date of 2008!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I have now been bitten about 8 times since this first post. Can we please change the subject!!! :clown: :lol: :lol:
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

It is strange because every year I am a prime target. I put it down to the medication I am on, one of which is blood thinners so I am easy pickings This year however I have only had the odd bite. Not complaining. :D
Dylan
Libby
Rank 2
Rank 2

Attack of the Mosquitos?

Post by Libby »

I'm bitten every year.
Last year 'they' didn't, apparently, spray at all and this year only half strength.
We have a venom sucker which is excellent for getting out the stings.
They are available from chemists and Decathlon.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

A venom sucker? Sounds great. Does it work on mozzie bites or is it just for stings?
Libby
Rank 2
Rank 2

Mosquito attacks

Post by Libby »

I believe it works on most stings, wasps, mozzies etc.
I've even 'sucked out' a bramble thorn.
The one we have is called 'Aspivenom' but I believe there are others on the market.
Smith family
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Smith family »

Hi.

We too have been coming to the PO for several weeks every year since 2003, and this summer is the first time I have ever had insect/ mosquito bites - several of which swelled up horribly. I will certainly be stocking up on antihistamines and sprays from now on!
lonesome paddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lonesome paddy »

Best mozzie repellent is Guinness and you can even get it on prescription :roll: