Calais/ Dover and Chunnel Shut

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Calais/ Dover and Chunnel Shut

Post by montgolfiere »

Chaos trying to cross the Channel. French Strikers from the Doomed Ex SeaFrance Ferry Company have shut the Calais / Dover Route. On top of this the Migrants have caused even more Chaos as they try to take advantage and have entered the Chunnel Terminal forcing it to close as well..... How is this going to play out this Summer......
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Add to this possibly more air controller strikes next month. What a fun summer!
Dylan
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I'm taking my Dad back to Leeds tomorrow. He's just been reading the paper and said....(bear in mind he is in his 90s but has every one of his marbles and probably a few of mine!) "I hope we're not going to get stuck in Calais on the way home." "But we're flying Dad' says I. "Yes but if we come down there, we could end up surrounded by rioters" replied he. Duh Dad, if Ryanair comes down in Calais, I think you'll have more to think about then migrants and strikers!! Loooooooool :lol: :lol: :lol:
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

Lol
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

They are at it again..... all shut until Thursday ........nightmare... we head north on Saturday....but are actually booked from Dunkirk.....Hoping they are sailing.....
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

seen a limited service jhas restarted thru the Tunnel....
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

the Strike Wallahs have started to allow one P&O Ferry to move at a time..... still Chaos apparentely... Hoping our Dunkirk Crossing on Sunday Morning is Hassle Free....
Steve
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Steve »

I have had 2 trucks stuck in opperation stack on the M20 for 2 days not going anywhere. Now got some very disgruntled customers in France & Spain because we cant get out of the UK to deliver their furniture.

We have been told that they are now stopping trucks coming into France from Belgium because of the congestion on the motorways trying to get into Calais & Dunkirk.

We are now sending trucks out Newhaven - Dieppe because there is not quite as much congestion on that route. Not sure if the back log is as bad for cars as it is for trucks but you may want to look at coming over from Dieppe.

Check out the link below for the grief these stowawys are causing & for the cost implication of doing it by the book as opposed to just kicking them out on the roadside!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ed-it.html
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

seems there is still confusion in Calais... PO seem to be running OK but DFDS say they are still only using Dunkirk.... we (should) sail 10.00 Sunday.... Hoping all is back to normal by then....
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Bonne chance Dave!

Russell
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Crossed Channel with no problems from Dunkirk. Boat Full, but DFDS were still only using Dunkirk and not Calais, doubling up the sailings...........booked from Dover to Calais on the return....hoping 'Normal Service Resumed' by then.