Free internet

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Free internet

Post by martyn94 »

Mine has been out since late Friday. I am guessing that it may be down to the string of fires that were set off around that time along the SNCF permanent way from Argeles southwards by a train with a stuck brake. If that is so, they can be excused for taking a while to fix it: the trains only came back this pm. What I don't excuse is the fact that their call centre staff have not the least ides - after 60 hours - about what is wrong or when it might be fixed.

It's also hard to tolerate the endless security theatre - name, email address, phone num ber - even after I have given my 8-digit identifier and my 4 digit password. Why on earth would anyone want to pretend to be me just to complain about the state of my internet connection?
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Martyn, I know a number of people who have not been happy with Free as an ISP especially with their weak customer service.
All but one have returned to Orange, one to SFR.
There has been NO disruption in Argelès to either telephones or internet since Friday evening.
I hope you get it sorted asap.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Ours at home in Argeles has and is fine but friends on Camping La Marinade, Argeles have had nothing since the end of last week.
Dylan
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

I am now (forcibly) with Free after many years of troublefree service from Aliceadsl......
I agree they are Terrible in their Customer service as they just cut off my Alicebox yesterday morning without setting a 'Date' for this and then it took me most of yesterday to install the Freebox ( which i had only picked up on Sat am) and even then i have no internet phone, no wifi, and only access of 1 computer to the internet at a time via ethernet... They say i have to be 'patient'....
I too will be cancelling this contract and going to Orange as soon as possible..
malcolmcooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by malcolmcooper »

Everyone I speak to that isn't on Orange is saying the same. The queues in an already busy store in Perpignan but be terrible now. Take water and sandwiches.
Malcolm Cooper

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

malcolmcooper wrote:Everyone I speak to that isn't on Orange is saying the same. The queues in an already busy store in Perpignan but be terrible now. Take water and sandwiches.
Perhaps is a crafty ploy by Orange Fr..........Screw-up the lines of others to get the customers back.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

No internet connection

Post by monsans »

SFR have been out of connection since Friday evening until Tuesday evening. Yes recorded answer on help line i.e. that there had been an accident thus all connections disrupted. Here Argèles plage.
EILEEN
Rank 2
Rank 2

SFR

Post by EILEEN »

We are with SFR and we have not had any interruption in service since 2 weeks ago when everything went down for about 3 hours.
We are at Elne. our electricity was on and off a lot yesterday evening.
Seems ok so far today.
EILEEN