going to Geneva

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

going to Geneva

Post by sue and paul »

I've been asked by a lady family member for the best way to travel alone from Argeles to Geneva. I don't think cost is the number 1 priority, as it will be on business.

I have suggested a few ideas...

train all the way, with 2 changes;

train to Toulouse and fly Easyjet;

fly back to Stansted from Perpignan and then Easyjet to Geneva.

Apart from this bit of homework on my part, can anyone please suggest anything better? Convenience would probably come into it. Humorous answers are OK, but it's a serious question
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Train from Perpignan to Toulouse and then fly Easyjet direct to Geneva?
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks. I thought that might be a possibility
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

It's got to be train all the way, having to get a train to Toulouse, which is in the opposite direction, be there 2 hours before you fly then transfers at the other end seems OTT.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Fly Perpignan Paris and Paris Geneva. My preference being a woman travelling alone.
Dylan
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks for replies. Our visitor is booked to fly home to UK with her family on 17th, from Girona. However it now looks as though she'll have to go to Geneva for work on 18th. Hence my question. She travels a lot, and it's a good thing she has lots of energy!

PS...She has just told me she will probably fly back to UK with her family as planned on 17th, then fly out to Geneva from UK later that afternoon