a delicate question!

Post all topics on our furry 4 legged friends here.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

a delicate question!

Post by opas »

This is a little delicate.....we have a Lop eared male rabbit aged about 8 months. He is starting to get frisky. We dont really want to have him 'done'. Is there another option?
we have given him a teddy bear for now to stop him getting annoyed.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

would be better to have him done
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

The thought of a young frisky male rabbit ravishing a teddy bear boggles the mind too much. A visit to the vet is called for. :lol:
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Get him a sweet Valentine. Today's the day for it, if ever there was one
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

My daughter is trying to get him a friend with benifits :oops:

Then he is going to have to go to the vets,poor boy.

He is soooo cute.
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
CPB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPB »

Im not normally one to preach this but there are a lot of rabbits being given away left right and center. If you do breed from him before giving him the snip, just make sure the bunnies have homes to go to or you may find you've got a lot to give away.
I'm def not anti breeding but I do think it requires some thought before one does breed any animals.
Good luck. P.s. I had lots of guides pigs and a rabbit as a child, all the boys were castrated, in and out in the same day, job done.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Thanks for the advice, definatly do not want a house full of rabbits, we were hoping to find him a girlfriend who has been sterilised( not sure how possible thatwill be)

We are going to have a word with the vet during the week.
Debeneur.
CPB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPB »

opas
Posted: Sat 14 Feb 2015 21:49 Post subject:
Thanks for the advice, definatly do not want a house full of rabbits, we were hoping to find him a girlfriend who has been sterilised( not sure how possible thatwill be)

We are going to have a word with the vet during the week.
Good luck. Normally (although not always) it's the male that gets castrated as it's a lot easier than the female (less invasive).