Registering Car in Company Name

Flights; transfers; trains; ferries; routes; getting to and from the PO; lifts offered or wanted; motoring and biking matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Registering Car in Company Name

Post by Davidsimon »

Anyone ever done this and can give me an idea of the paperwork involved?
Mountain Dog
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mountain Dog »

Hi
It depends if it's a 'utilitaire' (commercial vehicle) or a normal car there is no tax on the first but the second is taxed per cheval fiscal and can work out very expensive and may not be worthwhile. One option is to keep it private but to claim indemnité kilometrique from your company. However, your accountant should be able to give you the best advice on what is best for you. You will have to change your carte grise to the company name, but a good accountant should sort out the rest. Bon courage.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

you need to go to the mairie and ask for forms, to register in company name you need something called a k bis . if you have that then you are ok, you then give proof of address, passport, contrôle technique done in the last 6 months ( if car more than 4 years old i think) carte grise crossed over and signed and certificat de vente . then last but not least take your cheque book as they will be asking for money! good luck :D :D
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

It's a car,the owner of the house I'm house sitting is buying a little run-around that I can use for shopping etc.It seems the house is registered in his companies name and he wants the car to be the same. I've found a car locally and the dealer has quoted a couple of hundred euros to change the reg,but I'm surmising that would be for a normal personal sale.